I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Monday, July 9, 2007

Champagne Supernova

I know my postings have been.. Sporadic... thats because of two things:
I was on "vacation" which basically meant no wireless and my grandparents shutting off the lights at 10:30pm and waking me up at 6:30am.
And my laptop broke.

So now I'm home.
So happy.
That little "vacation" successfully got me to quit smoking, and to bite all my nails off.

Before I left on Thursday morning, SY, ID, FN, RHM, NG and I all got together for fireworks. NG ignored me (and everyone else) completely.
I was a little confused and upset by this, but I didn't have time to worry about it, because I was being whisked away to MI right after that night.

Yesterday, I got back into town around 2:30pm.
At 3:30pm I text messaged him asking if he wanted to hang out.
He said, "Sure, come on over."
I had a really bad feeling about the whole thing.

I got there, and I looked cute, I made sure of it.
He walked up to me, kissed me and asked if I wanted to meet his grandmother.
I'm pretty sure I just stared at him for a moment, because he followed that up with a knitting of his brow and a "You don't have too of course."
I assured him I'd like nothing more.
His grandmother was hilarious and she knew most of MY office staff.
We left there, and he looked at me and asked, "Are you hungry?"
I assured him I was.
He took me out to eat.
As we were about to finish, he said, "I don't want to go home yet."
Then he kissed my hand, which wasn't cutesy, set my hand on his knee with his hand over mine, and asked, "Do you want to go see a movie?"
I'm pretty sure I was just staring at that point as well.
He got an amused look on his face and said "Or if you'd rather we can rent all the Harry Potter movies, because I kind of want to see them"
I told him either would be fine with me.
So he drove me to the movie theater.
We saw Live Free or Die Hard.
Good movie.
Afterwards we came back to his apartment, and he seemed preoccupied with some of his work stuff, so I stood off to the side. I was trying to figure out how to make my departure without making him feel bad for working.
I had already a perfect evening under my belt, I didn't mind if he needed to work now.
He suddenly stopped what he was doing, looked over at me, and asked, "What? Do you think you are leaving?"
Then leaped over the couch, successfully putting himself between me and the door, grabbed me in his arms, and kissed me.
I started laughing, and assured him that he could work if he needed too.
He didn't even bother saying anything to that, he asked, "Do you own the Harry Potter movies?"
I told him I did, and told him I could go get them.
He let me leave after that.
I went back, got into my PJs, got the DVDs and came back.
I walked into his apartment.
He jumped around the corner, picked me up, threw me over his shoulder, walked to his room, threw me on his bed, and then curled up around me.
Before the end of the movie, we both feel asleep like that.

It might have been the most perfect date I've ever been on.

For reasons I'm not quite sure of, other than after finding out that my roommate 1.)hasn't paid the cable bill so we have no internet or cable,
2.)she's eaten half of my food, and
3.)the money she did have she just blew all on booze....
I'm still positively happy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bridget M. Burns said...

him throwing you over his shoulder is adorable.

July 9, 2007 at 9:57 AM  
Blogger The Accidental Bitch said...

So you never found out about the ignoring? That seems weird and out of character from what I've heard so far..

July 9, 2007 at 9:40 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

I wonder what was with the sudden change between ignoring you, and putting all of his attention towards you.

July 9, 2007 at 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.