I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Radio @ work

So www.slacker.com is a constant presence at my work place.
If it's not on my computer, it's on someone else's in the office.

Sometimes I tune it out, sometimes I listen to it, and forget about work.
Today I was tuning it out because some country song was on.
The singer was really belting it out at some point, and I caught the words,
"And he don't know...
That I dug my key into the side of his pretty little souped up 4 wheel drive..."


Wait.. what?

I opened slacker.com from the bottom of my screen and looked.
Carrie Underwood - Before He Cheats.
Who?
Who cares I guess...
I started listening to the lyrics.
When the chorus came on again I caught it all:
"And he don't know...
That I dug my key into the side of his pretty little souped up 4 wheel drive,
carved my name into his leather seats,
I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
slashed a hole in all 4 tires...
Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats..."


I started laughing really hard.
My boss comes out of her office to ask what was so funny.
I turned it up for her, and two other people who came out of their offices.
Suddenly an office full of girls were laughing uproariously.
That's the moment the main boss walked in.
The one and only man.
He asked what was so funny.
Two of the ladies shrugged and walked into their offices, my boss said "oh nothing" and walked back into her office, and I was left alone with the main boss.
He looked at me for a moment.
"Trust me, you don't want to know," was all I said.

At that, he turned his heel and walked into his office.

Poor guy.

7 Comments:

Blogger Bridget M. Burns said...

Carrie Underwood, formerly of American Idol fame ;)

June 13, 2007 at 5:07 PM  
Blogger Len said...

you seem to have a cool relationship to your bosses!

June 14, 2007 at 2:39 AM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Dylan: gotcha.. i knew i didn't watch the show for a reason... ;)

Lenfer: yes, this morning she made me coffee because i was hung over.

June 14, 2007 at 10:22 AM  
Blogger DCchick said...

that song is so fun to sing to especially in the car!

June 14, 2007 at 10:44 AM  
Blogger DCchick said...

ooh, email me at dcchick1@gmail.com and I'll give you the details from my biking story! :)

June 14, 2007 at 10:45 AM  
Blogger Bittersweet Confusion said...

I love that song.. It's my new ... Feel better by destroying stuff anthem...

June 14, 2007 at 4:04 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

In my inbox today: At Slacker, we are always looking for ways to improve our product offerings. One of the best ways is to get feedback from you, our listeners. To this end, we will be running a round table discussion at our office in xxxx.

If you are interested, please respond to this email.


oooo.. I know you're jealous :)

June 15, 2007 at 2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.