I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Monday, June 18, 2007

Now that is some quality H2O...

So I went to the bathroom to wash my hands because I managed to get glue on them.
I turn on the water and put my hands underneath the faucet only to discover my hands covered in brown liquid.
If I had been in Egypt I would have thought the first of the ten plagues were here.
(Exodus 7:14-25) Rivers and other water sources turned to blood...
But thankfully (what?) I was in Indiana, and realized that nothing of biblical porportions would disrupt my day.
As a Hoosier you just have to accept certain facts like, "if it doesn't kill you it'll only make you stronger."

I finished washing my hands... even though they felt slightly dirtier, and went to tell someone about the problem.
That person told me that Purdue University thought that THAT water was completely healthy and that we could DRINK it.
I'm sorry. WHAT?
I'm pretty sure people even in Calcutta or East St. Louis wouldn't drink water that color.
I stood there shocked for a few moments that the people who take thousands upon thousands of dollars from me each year, and whom only give back a measly 400 dollars a week to me, would think that I would accept the fact that the only water provided at my work place by them was the same color of blood.
The lady looked at me for a moment (in pity, no less) and said, "You might as well not bother, I've tried for months to no avail, this is why we buy bottled water in bulk here, so we won't get thirsty throughout the day."
Purdue. Sucks. Big. Hairy. Monkey. Balls.
And that's all I have to say about that...

2 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

You might as well not bother, I've tried for months to no avail

I wonder what her version of 'trying' is.

June 18, 2007 at 1:08 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

I don't know, she tries really hard to be friends with me.. to the point I get so annoyed I'm nice.
hehe

June 19, 2007 at 9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.