I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Friday, June 15, 2007

Last night

So last night was another interesting night of NG and I sitting at a table with ID, pretending not to date.
I think it frustrates the hell out of NG.
He really wants someone to slip up and let ID know, so he can say things like "Oh, I'm currently seeing her," to other people at the table, when they start saying things like "Oh, QSW I have a great friend who'd I love to set you up on a date with..." and things like that.
Its sweet in a weird jealously way. :)

ID has a nasty habit of going through my purse.
It bothers me a lot.
He always does it to get a lighter, but he'll always stop along the way and pull things out and make comments.
Not Cool.
Last night, when he started to do so again, I grabbed my purse from him, and said "God, ID, I swear I'm going to start stuffing my purse full of tampons."
This immediately made ID uncomfortable, which is what I was aiming for.
NotGay, on the other hand, said, "Oh thats what I'm always looking for in ladies purses! Every time I open one up, I think 'Oh, I hope there is a tampon in here.'"

Bravo, NG.

I left with ID because I wanted someone to walk me to my car, NG's phone was off, or I would have text messaged him saying I was coming back, but I took a gamble.
Since it was later in the evening, I managed to get a parking spot outside the bar.
I walked in and when NG saw me he actually beamed.
So sweet.
"You came back?!" he said when I sat down.
Before I could say anything, his friend next to him said, "I don't understand why you didn't just have NG, your boyfriend, drive you back to your car, he would have you know?"

I love drunk honest people. Without realizing it his drunk friend had let me know that not only was NG bothered by ID a lot, but he wanted to be the alpha male and didn't like ID walking me to my car.
I was glad I came back, because I probably made him feel better.
So we left together later on.
"Wanna come over and watch a movie at my place so I can take advantage of you?" I asked.
He laughed, and said "Why don't you come over to my place instead? And this time you should actually spend the night."

The first time I left, because he had told me how hard it was for him to sleep.
I'm a logical girl... I didn't want to get in the way of his sleep.
It seemed important to him that I stay, even if it disrupted his sleep.

So, I agreed.
We went outside to talk, so we wouldn't disturb his roommate.
We chatted about family and friends when he suddenly said, "I have a confession to make..."
Damn Catholics, and their Damn Confessions.
I tensed up and asked what it was.
"I wasn't working out before you came over here the first time," he started, "I was running around shopping."
Not where I thought this was going.
"I wanted you to come over, but I was afraid you wouldn't like my sheets" he said, "Or the fact that my bed was on the ground."
"I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and got a comforter/sheet set and asked if they had a bed frame, and they said no, so I went to Wal-mart, and they didn't have them either. So then I decided to stop by my mom's house and ask her and she told me to go to furniture one. So I finally got a bed frame there for 50 bucks. Then I came home, and put it together, but since my room is only so big, and I have a king-sized bed, it took a lot of effort to finally get it together.
So I opened the comforter and realized it was only the comforter.
So I went back to Bed Bath and Beyond, and finally found a set of everything for like 250 dollars, whatever, and came back here, put it all together, text messaged you to come over in 30 minutes, hopped in the shower and by the time you arrived I was ready."
I tried very hard not to laugh, and I tried very hard not to jump him and make out with him.
"So you went out and bought 300 dollars worth of stuff so I wouldn't get upset?" I said.
"Where on earth did you get the idea in your head that I was judgmental... and if you did get that in your head.. why weren't you worried about all the drunk nights I've seen you do really stupid stuff?" I said with a wink.
He looked as if he was blushing, but it was too dark to tell.
"I just wanted you to like me and my room." he said, very bashfully.

I could not resist anymore.
I made out with him until right before he couldn't breathe.

5 Comments:

Blogger WiscoBlonde said...

Ahhh! What a dear! That's so cute!

June 15, 2007 at 1:39 PM  
Blogger Len said...

Awwww. Men can be silly.

June 15, 2007 at 3:10 PM  
Blogger Indiana said...

Men want to impress the girl we are with...and not having her ashamed to spend the night is one of them.

June 16, 2007 at 1:12 AM  
Blogger Scotty said...

He really scored some points there...

June 17, 2007 at 3:21 PM  
Blogger H said...

hahahaha That's cute how he told you the entire story!

June 18, 2007 at 7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.