I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Monday, June 25, 2007
I've often toyed with the idea that NG might already believe us to be...
Girlfriend-Boyfriend.
The only difference between that and just dating would be....
Planning-Commitment.

So tonight he came over to see a movie with me.
He had to leave later, to hang out with a friend, but he said he wanted to see me first.
He came over, kissed me, settled in comfortably next to me, and then asked if I was going to be around at the end of July.
I said yes.
He said, "Well I didn't know, because you are leaving the day after my birthday for Michigan."
I gave him a look, "I can't help it that you and my grandfather have the same birthday!"
He started laughing.
"Why do you want to know? Wanna float down a river?" I asked.

Running joke from about a year ago, when I arrived at ID's house and SY and NG were standing on the front porch. NG leaned over to me and said "Hey.. you wanna float down a river with me?" Since I wasn't there prior to any talking, I stared at him and said, "Are you coming onto me?" This got SY into a laughing fit, and made NG very embarrassed. Turns out that NG wanted to take a boating trip to a nearby river and tube down it... I didn't know, and the running joke still remains.

"No, I want you to come to a wedding with me." he said.
Planning....
Weddings?
Commitment?
Oh god...

This was a ball out of left field hitting the pitcher who was pitching.
The entire time I dated Matt, he went to six weddings, all of which I wasn't invited too.
In the beginning I was ok with that, by the year mark, I was hurt he didn't want me to come with, that he was so terrified of commitment that a wedding and me present would make him feel it too acutely.

"Don't kick a gift horse in the mouth," I said to myself.
"Sure." I said.

I feel seduced.

"Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me. Aren't you?" (he is an older man)

6 Comments:

Blogger H said...

I feel ya! After dating for months, my now BOYFRIEND and I decided to make it "official" over the weekend. Scary though, because a few months ago even, he invited me to a wedding in Key West! Yikes! :)

June 26, 2007 at 7:01 AM  
Blogger Scotty said...

I just noticed the new descriptions on the side. My favorite: I'd marry him if didn't like cock so much.

June 26, 2007 at 8:25 AM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Heather: I'd take a wedding in the Key West. Screw thinking on whether or not i'm in a relationship. I'd take the invite and run with it. It's the KEY WEST, and I'm sort of shallow.

Scotty: Thats my gay boyfriend! ;)

June 26, 2007 at 8:59 AM  
Blogger Scotty said...

Thats what I was thinking. I mean, I couldn't go wrong with a nickname which included 'fabulous'.

June 26, 2007 at 10:17 AM  
Blogger DCchick said...

its a GOOD thing that he's inviting you. :)

June 26, 2007 at 10:20 AM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Scotty: yep yep, its hard to tell though... most people are surprised when they find out that FN is gay.

DC: I think so... just terrifed. :)

June 26, 2007 at 12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.