I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Friday, June 29, 2007

I hate men?

Last night, I got home from work and decided two things.

One, that I was going to start running again.
After I was done with my 15 minute run, I decided to quit smoking, period.

I'm not an avid smoker, but apparently what I do smoke is killing me.
Either that or the running.
Running might be a slower version of death.

Where was I?

OK, so I got back from my run, my muscles burning and my veins pumping battery acid, and sat for a long time not moving.* Finally, I mustered a hand movement when my phone chimed "New Text Message" to me. It was from Matt.
I tensed all my muscles harder and opened my phone.
"How are you?"
I was somehow reminded of my first break up with him.

I replied "Good, you?"
Him: "Work - Busy - Boring, What are you up too?"
Me: "Not much at the moment, can I finally get my shoes and return your shirt?"
Him: "Well, I'm going out for Nick's birthday this evening, but what are you doing tomorrow?"
(Tomorrow I'm not busy, er today, and I have no plans, but I felt I was playing a game at this point)
Me: "Oh sorry, tomorrow is no good, well, maybe sometime next week then."
(I didn't even mention the weekend, even though I have no plans for it either)
Him: "Oh yea, sure, I'll definitiely be around then."

I put the phone down shaking, because my arm so so tired of holding it up, and went back to sitting.

A few moments later, my head swiveled towards my computer screen and I saw that my brother was IMing me to tell me that a group was going to see the new Die Hard movie, if I wanted to come with NG.
I picked up the phone with my left hand and started typing out a message to NG.
That lasted only until "Hey, what..." before switching it back to my shaking right hand.
I finally managed the "...are you up too tonight? Interested in Die Hard? A group is going."

I put down the phone my entire arm shaking.
(I'm being very melodramatic here, in case you haven't caught the drift)

A few moments later I got the text, "Hey, I'm going to pass tonight, I think Josh (his roommate) and I are going out for a few."

Josh = Racist, Neo-Nazi prick, who wants to start the Fraternity KKK and invited all of SY's sister's friends to parties there so that the members of the KKK can fuck them.
I don't make this stuff up I swear.

Wow, so NG would rather hang out with Josh.
Boost to my self-esteem right there.

I swiveled my head to my computer again.
FN was IMing me.
"What are you doing?" he asks.
"Nothing, about to open a bottle of wine and smoke my last cigarette."
"Why your last? Are you broke?"
"No I'm quitting."
"Quitting is for losers."
"Says... the smoker."
"Well I'm hoping off."
"Wait, what? You are leaving me just like that?"
"No I'm leaving you with a cigarette and a bottle of wine."
"Haha, where are you going? You don't want to come over and drink my wine with me?"
"No dear, not tonight, we've lost two members in our guild and I need to play WOW to help them out."
"Damn, you are so nerdy."
"Says.. the girl who plays euchre all the time."

Strike three and I'm out.

The only positive male influence was a drunk conversation at 4:30am (which would be technically the next day) to which the guy said to me, "No, if you go over to Matt's house you need to walk in there, and every other word out of your mouth should be "NG this, and NG that.""
I thought that was amusing.

*From Fight Club

4 Comments:

Blogger Sipwine said...

On a side note: ID is MIA, having not talked to NG or myself.

SY is doing something similar, only just with me, and not with NG.

June 29, 2007 at 10:07 AM  
Blogger Scotty said...

You're playing well with Matt.

Also, I just decided that anyone that uses the word 'guild' = instant nerd.

June 29, 2007 at 11:18 AM  
Blogger Len said...

I hate running. It really slowly kills you.

June 29, 2007 at 11:24 AM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Scotty: Two people have now said that to me...;) thank you ;)

Lenfer: I agree.

June 30, 2007 at 12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.