I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Sunday, June 10, 2007

Home during Sex and the city.

"So, you are really over Matt" my mom said to me after being around her for a good 8 hours.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"You haven't even mentioned him..." she said cautiously.
"Well, Mom, for about 2 weeks prior to the break up, I was talking very seriously about dumping Matt myself." I said.
"Wait... why did you get upset then?" she asked.
"I have no idea.." I said, " but whatever it was, I'm much happier now than I'm without him... in fact, my roommate (RHM) stared at me shocked when I was crying in our living room."
"Well, I would be too, if you had talked seriously about dumping Matt" my mom replied.
"Yea, Matt just has an asshole way of doing everything...
even dumping me...
and I think it was the final time he could hurt me...
and so what?...
it was a doozie." That was all I could say.

My mom continued to play the "20 questions" game with the new person I'm dating.
I finally calmed the questions by saying, "Mom, he's sweet, I promise, on our third date, he held my hand... I don't know the last person that wanted to hold my hand, and after he grabbed my hand, I felt my entire face flush red."

That silenced my mom into happiness.
*****************************************
Later that day, after arriving back at my apartment, I was sitting with RHM watching Sex and the City.
The episode had Mr. Big on it.
It was the second time Mr. Big and Carrie break up.
RHM laughed and said, "Oh my god, it's you and Matt."

QSW was drunk.

"OH MY GOD! YOU ARE RIGHT!!" I practically yelled.
"AM I GOING TO MEET AIDAN AND NOT ACCEPT HIS MARRIAGE PROPOSAL!?" I did yell.

My roommate was laughing pretty hard.

"THIS IS NOT FUNNY!" I said, laughing.
RHM stopped laughing for a minute and said, "Oh my gosh, do you really think Aidan was right for Carrie?!"
"YES! YES! HE WAS PERFECT! I WOULD MARRY THAT MAN IN A HEART BEAT! RHM, SHE ENDS UP WITH MR. BIG! I DON'T WANT TO END UP WITH MATT! I HATE MATT! I DON'T WANT TO SPEND THE NEXT SIX YEARS GETTING MY HEART TRAMPLED ON AND THEN END UP WITH HIM!?! NO THANK YOU!" I pretty much said this in the loudest voice before yelling.

RHM was in tears from laughter.
"Oh my gosh, you are ok, you don't deserve Aidan or Mr. Big, I promise you'll find someone in between." she said in gasps.
That seemed to soothe me because I stopped talking and settled into the couch.
"You are nuts like Carrie," was all RHM said after that.

But she said it with a complete smile on her face.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

haha... you get the 20 questions from your mom also!

June 11, 2007 at 4:38 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

yea.. i think it can't be helped

June 12, 2007 at 9:44 PM  
Blogger The Accidental Bitch said...

So you just didn't mention that the hands-holding happened after sex? Cute... ;)

June 12, 2007 at 10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.