I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Friday, June 8, 2007

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKK!

New favorite song: "Hey There Delilah" by Plain White T's.

Hey there Delilah
You be good and don't you miss me
Two more years and you'll be done with school
And I'll be making history like I do
You know it's all because of you
We can do whatever we want to
Hey there Delilah here's to you
This ones for you

Oh it's what you do to me
Oh it's what you do to me
Oh it's what you do to me
Oh it's what you do to me
What you do to me.


Anyway, I'm here at the office and I'm taking a break.
Scotty's "slacker.com" reference has gotten me through the day this far, but I'm about to crack.

During the summer I work in a spreadsheet that ranges from Column A to Column EJ..
Yes that's right... It goes from A to Z, then AA to AZ, then BA to BZ, then CA to CZ, then DA to DZ, then EA to EJ.
A spreadsheet of 140 columns.
Currently I'm on Row 720, with data ranging from April 30th to now.
Sometimes I get to work... and literally do nothing else but work in this MASSIVE SPREADSHEET.
It has formulas in it that stretch halfway across my screen (1280 by 1024 screen).

I can almost consider it a work of art that I have to constantly change.

Today... My boss, on a Friday, decided that it was time to add Column EK.
"You are cold as ice... you are willing to sacrifice our love!" (ok, I love Slacker)
"Penis Enlarger at just half the cost!" (I don't love spam)

So back to column EK.
I almost showed how utterly horrified I was with the idea when she told me what she wanted.
She wanted a piece of data from all 720 forms I had ALREADY PROCESSED, that she forgot she wanted earlier.
SO AWESOME!
Yah.
If my date gets cancelled tonight, I can safely say this is the worst Friday I've had in a long time.

2 Comments:

Blogger DCchick said...

EK???

How do you possibly keep it straight???

I would go nuts.

June 8, 2007 at 1:11 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

Woo hoo! Slacker! I love that you're hooked.

And its pretty friggin' funny that you mentioned that song, because I heard it the other day and thought it was pretty awesome.

June 9, 2007 at 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.