I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Dear John....

Dear Matt,
This letter is to thank you, but I know I can never send it too you because it would only hurt you.
While I laid next to a man, who had his arm wrapped around me so I wouldn't leave, I realized that I have never been happier.
Suddenly my mom's words became clear to me when she thought you weren't right for me, "QSW, he doesn't cherish you, you need someone to cherish you."
I thought my mom was silly and wanted me to feel better after you dumped me.
I realize now she was relieved, as well as all of my friends.
You didn't cherish me, and I realize now thats why you dumped me.
Thank you, I didn't realize how unhappy you made me.
Thank you, I realize now what I want.
Thank you, for showing me what I definitely don't want.
This seems so weird for me to say. I thought myself infinitely happy with you. How wrong I was.
I woke the man next to me because I had to leave, I was too awake to sleep.
He kissed me goodbye and asked me to call him the moment I got home.

Call when I got home... so he wouldn't worry.
Someone worries about me now.
It's nice to know I'm not the only one who worries.
I worried for you all the time, and I don't think you ever worried about me. I'm a capable girl, but it's nice to know that someone worries like I do.

Now I'm home, and even though I'm alone, I'm still very happy.
Thank You Matt.
Thank you for pointing out exactly what doesn't make me happy.
I guess I needed someone too.
I cheated myself these last few months... like I knew I would.*
Love, QSW

*From an Amy Winehouse song.

5 Comments:

Blogger WiscoBlonde said...

AMEN sister.

June 21, 2007 at 12:24 AM  
Blogger Wanderlusting said...

Beautiful! I feel like writing Ross the same letter - I've found someone too that seems to actually care about me.

PS I'll facebook ya back in a bit and fill you in ;)

June 21, 2007 at 12:02 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

Very true, I think the goal is to find someone that is better than the last one... because well... there usually is :)

June 21, 2007 at 8:06 PM  
Blogger James said...

Yes, QSW, you deserve to be cherished!

Held by someone who is thinking only of holding you when he does it - of the soft feel of your hair, and your subtle scent, and your arms around him; the warmth of your skin against his, and the motion of your body next to his. Remembers. REMEMBERS. "QSW... stay tonight, I miss you."

Remembered by someone who thinks of you first in the List. What've I got on my List? Oh, yeah, of course, #1: uh... bla bla bla. Screw it, I'll just call QSW and see what she's up to.

Kissed by a fella who knows. How to kiss. For you.

Thought about, by a fella who thinks about you. Who worries if you get home alright.

What do you deserve, QSW? To be treated like a woman, and loved. Pretty simple, actually. Sounds like you're there.

We all deserve that

June 21, 2007 at 11:18 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

WB: Can I get an AMEN!? Oh wait, you did.. ;)

Wanderer: Still... no facebook. ;)

Scotty: I think there are armies of better men compared to Matt. hehe.

James: I agree, and that was a sweet comment you left me, I smiled when I read it. :)

June 22, 2007 at 9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.