I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Thursday, June 28, 2007

Conversation...

So.. if I was madly in love with a guy... and that guy started dating one of my close friends... I'd want to know... but after I found out, I'd want to react... and my reaction I wouldn't want the guy I was madly in love with to see.

Did we all follow that?

So I finally decided that I'd tell ID over the phone.
I was going to meet up with him, but I didn't want to tell him, and then sit there and watch him react to it. I didn't think he'd want me sitting there either.
So I told NG that I was going to tell Nate that I was going on a date with NG tonight.
Even though I wasn't planning on seeing NG.
NG was ok with that plan because he was staying in anyways.
So I tried calling ID.
No answer.
A few moments later, I get a text message from ID, and he says, "Working late, but as soon as I'm done here lets go for a beer."

Now I was stuck.
Do I tell him over text or do I call him after he gets off work?
I went for the text, because it was even more of a way of telling him without him having to hold in a reaction.
I wrote back, "I can't tonight I'm sorry."
Him: "Why what are you going to do?"

FN was sitting there when I got that text message, and he said I should write: "I'm going to do a very hot man who's been a bad boy."
I thought I'd share that, cause I laughed pretty hard.


I wrote back: "I'm going on a date with NG tonight."

There was a 15 minute pause.

Then..
"Oh."

I decided to leave it alone for awhile, and let ID get over it.
FN agreed that, that, is what I should do.
So we will see.

7 Comments:

Blogger Len said...

"I'm going to do a very hot man who's been a bad boy."

Have fun. LOL!

June 28, 2007 at 11:35 AM  
Blogger DCchick said...

well, at least it's out there now....

he'll move on.

June 28, 2007 at 1:17 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

I would have to agree with you about not wanting to see his reaction... Good on you for telling him Sipper.

June 28, 2007 at 2:40 PM  
Blogger James said...

Texting was the perfect way to do this! It's not like you were breaking up with him, anyway - you shouldn't have to deal with his reaction.

June 28, 2007 at 3:29 PM  
Blogger Bridget M. Burns said...

I'm glad he knows... keep us posted!

June 28, 2007 at 9:16 PM  
Blogger Beatrix Kiddo said...

I bet that was cathartic, just lifting a huge weight off your shoulders and you don't have to hide it anymore. Good for you.

June 29, 2007 at 8:46 AM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Lenfer: ;) I always do.

DC: Yea, I'm hoping he picks up the pace with the "moving on" part

Scotty: Thanks Scotty ;)

James: WHOOHOO! Yea, it still made me nervous telling him via text, but at least I didn't have to deal with him afterwards.

Dylan: Next post, posted. :)

BK: It was actually. I got rid of that problem and I think I made NG happy in the process.

June 29, 2007 at 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.