I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Saturday, May 12, 2007

Pancake Cookies

Yesterday I went out for one beer after work.
FN and I sat down, ate dinner, and by the time I was finished, I was completely exhausted.
I walked to someone's house, and asked if I could take a nap.
He said sure, and I laid down and was out for an hour and a half.
When I awoke, I stumbled around trying to figure out where I was.
This person was in the kitchen, and I walked in to see what he was doing.
He was making cookies.
"Aw.. " I thought and asked him what kind.
"Chocolate chip," he said as he scooped out what looked like flour from the bowl.
"What are you doing?" I asked, standing just behind him, looking over his shoulder.
"I poured too much baking soda in the mixture, but it should be all out by now." he said.
I thought "that's hard to scoop out, maybe I should tell him the cookies probably won't turn out," as I moved away from him.
"Do you have to stand over me?!" he snapped.
I gave him a look and said "Soooooo, sorry!" and left the kitchen, suddenly glad I hadn't said anything.
As I left I wondered just how much baking soda he put in.
Normally it was my job to make the cookies, this is the first I had seen him do it.

I decided I needed to get some kind of caffiene to wake up.
I also decided to get him more of the ingredients that he ran out of, because those cookies were going to be disgusting.

I walked into the kitchen again to tell him I was walking to the grocery store.
He was busy scooping out CHUNKS of baking soda that wouldn't mix into the mixture.
The recipe called for 3/4th teaspoon, and I'm guessing he put in 3/4th cup in.

I came back, and I noticed he had started over.
THANK GOD.
I was trying really hard not to laugh through this, he doesn't try this stuff often, and I wanted to be supportive.
I walked over to him and placed the ingredients next to him.
"Oh good, I needed those," he said.
I stared at him measuring brown sugar.
He was shaking it loosely into a measuring cup, then dumped it into the mixture.
I couldn't take it anymore.
"You have to press that, " I said.
I grabbed the other measuring cup, filled it up, MASHED it down, and then filled up the rest, flatting it again.
I dumped it into the mixture.
"This is why you usually do this, " he said.
"I know," I said and walked out of the kitchen again.
When he was done, he asked me to taste it, and I told him it tasted like cookie dough.
"See, I am self-sufficient" he said.

Later on in the night, we started talking about the cookie episode again.
Honestly, I felt like it was an "I love Lucy" episode, except somehow I was Ricky, and he was Lucy.
I started laughing about it.
He started laughing about it.
And then I was laughing so hard I was in tears.
He didn't think it was that funny.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

It's the thought that counts :)

and well, I thought it was pretty funny

May 13, 2007 at 8:19 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Haha, it was, especially if you could have seen it happen. :)

May 14, 2007 at 9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.