I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Nothing? NOTHING, tra la la?

Jareth: Just fear me, love me, do as I say, and I will be your slave!
Sarah: My kingdom as great... My kingdom as great...
Sarah: You have no power over me!


I'm going to sound like an egotistical prick for this post.

So I get dumped by a man who I've dated a year and a half.
3 month break in the middle, but total, 1.5 years.
I'm guessing most people would feel miserable and whatnot after that sort of break-up.
And the first weekend afterwards I was a wreck. A COMPLETE WRECK.
By Monday I was better, I hung out with Matt, and felt better.
He said enough about the break-up that I felt better about the whole thing.
Tuesday night my apartment burned.
Wednesday and Thursday I spent time at his place because of the smoke smell.
Friday I didn't really want to hang out with him.
By Saturday, I was feeling pretty good about the break-up.
Not because I was moving on.
But because I realized that the month leading up to our break-up, I was really unhappy, and even though loneliness sucks, I'd rather have it than him.
I was sad to lose my best friend, but I didn't lament the loss of drama in the relationship.

That being said, here is the ego part.
By Monday, I was looking in the mirror and saying things to myself like "Damn you look good," and "Shoot, why the hell did you cry over him? You could do so much better."

These are things I normally don't say to myself, period.
Add that to the fact that I was saying this 2 days after ending a long-term relationship.
What the hell is wrong with me?
I would wonder just that, when those thoughts would creep into my head.

I got a little clearer picture when RHM told me what George said (ok, his real name is Matt, and I'm confused half the time in real life, so I'm switching his name to George).
She and George were getting sloshed together one evening following my break-up(i wasn't around at the time), when George decided to go on a 15 minute rant about how "QSW, deserves so much more than what Matt was. She needs someone to love and care for her. She's such a smart and wonderful woman, I can't believe Matt didn't try harder to be with her. etc. etc."
RHM told me this, with a look that read "you better not have a crush on him, because I do and I'll hate you if you take him from me."

I was kind of shocked.
I barely knew George, and already it would seem that he had a crush on me.
This was followed by ID going nuts and calling me every half hour to make sure I was "OK" and whatnot.
I know ID is in love with me, and now it's becoming painful to be his friend.
I have told him on two separate occasions that I do NOT want to date him.*
He says everything just in the right way so that I can't say "Wait a minute, let's talk about this," or anything of the sort.
I know better though, he's trying to position his pawns so that he can say "Check" or "Checkmate."
Not going to happen.
Maybe this is why I have an ego after being dumped?
Not much else explains why I went from throwing up because of sadness, to "Hell, I don't need him, I look amazing!"
Seriously, I think something is mentally wrong with me.

*Granted that one time was 4 years ago, and the other time was 2 years ago, maybe I have to tell him every 2 years I know him?

7 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

Nothing is wrong with you, weird how things sort of 'come out' after a break up huh? Plus, if all of this is making you feel better in the long run... then all the better :)

May 30, 2007 at 1:29 PM  
Blogger Wanderlusting said...

Nice. Wish I wasn't still in love with Ex. Thought I would be over him in a month but guess not.

May 30, 2007 at 2:31 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Scott: True true, why not? If i have an ego, i guess it keeps me happy right? haha. Just feels weird, yet good at the same time.

Wanderer: It'll get less and less in time, I promise. :)

May 30, 2007 at 7:56 PM  
Blogger Len said...

sipwine, it's the same thing with my best girlfriend. I will post about that sometime, how she's more or less fine a couple of days after a breakup and how I can still cry my eyes out a year later. I guess you're lucky.

May 31, 2007 at 4:52 AM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

I guess so, its weird because there have been other break-ups that have taken me longer to get over... like a month, so maybe I am in that category still. I'm sorry to hear you aren't :(

May 31, 2007 at 9:22 AM  
Blogger Wanderlusting said...

What is worse is when your "friends" (two in particular whom you thought you were closest to) decide they dont want to be around you since you haven't gotten over your ex yet. They suggest, because they are over THEIR ex, that you should be too and because you aren't, you should go see a shrink and only then can your friendship "go back to normal."

So much for friends being there for thick and thin. Looks like they are there in good times but not bad.

May 31, 2007 at 8:01 PM  
Blogger Len said...

there have been other break-ups that have taken me longer to get over... like a month

Uh... that's still incredibly fast! ;)

June 1, 2007 at 6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.