I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Monday, May 7, 2007

Little pink houses for you and me.

So I went home to my little town yesterday.
I needed to get away, even if it was for a day.
On my way home today, I was just driving through my small town, when I saw many people I knew/know.
My thoughts were:
"Wow, Gina got huge!"
"Adam looks like he works out now."
"Kelly still has horses apparently."
and
"Wow, Griffen is still alive?"

It's funny how just driving through caught me up to date to so many people.

Later in my drive (it's three hours, lots of time for thought), I was thinking about how many past boyfriends still try to contact me.
The EX is the only one I'm happy to hear from, but since he's getting married, he's been sort of out of the picture lately.
Just in the last 8 months I've had two contact me through MySpace, and one through Facebook... gotta love stalker sites... all of them I didn't bother replying too.
As I was thinking this, I noticed the semi in front of me.
All thoughts stopped and in that perfect "How Ironic Is This?" moment, I saw the logo on the semi was one that I had helped create.
"Wait, no way," I thought, "Too big of a coincidence."
After the EX and I broke up, I rebounded onto a man named Greg.
He lived in Chicago, and for awhile I thought his family might be part of the Russian mafia, they creeped me out.
Greg wanted to get married to me.
I dated Greg for 2 months, and saw him all of four times.
Four weekends.
Creepy.
Anyway, one night he IMed me telling me that he was creating a logo for his dad's new company.
He showed it to me and it was a big "L" on the outside of a big "V."
His father's company was actually VL.
It was also in light gray and light yellow.
I told him my input was to make the "V" come first and the "L" second.
Then I said that red or blue would be better than the gray or orange would look better than the yellow.
I didn't want to give him too much advice and plus I thought his designs looked horrible, so that's all I said.

I was staring at a logo that was the same font, but the V came first and the L second, it was also red and blue. Plus, I was on a highway that was heading to Chicago.

I had to pass this semi.
I pulled around and started to pass...
When I saw Greg's Dad's Company's Name.

Small Towns and Small Worlds.

5 Comments:

Blogger The Accidental Bitch said...

lol! Nice to know you made a difference.

May 8, 2007 at 12:36 AM  
Blogger DCchick said...

hehe... he listened!

I love little random coincidences like that. Gets the mind working.

May 8, 2007 at 7:17 AM  
Blogger Scotty said...

That's hilarious! I wonder if he thinks of you every time he sees the logo..

May 8, 2007 at 7:35 AM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

TAB: I did, but the logo was still ugly. haha.

DC: Yea, the mind was definitely working, it was creeped out too.

Scott: If he does, that's creepy, he was creepy, you missed the post about him sitting in my garage until I came home from work... then forcing me to go to dinner with him saying "I owed him."
Seriously, who waits in a garage from noon until 5pm just to take someone to dinner, 6 months after they have broken up?

May 8, 2007 at 8:50 AM  
Blogger Scotty said...

Wow, you're right... no one does that... put him on the creepy side.

May 8, 2007 at 6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.