I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Saturday, May 26, 2007

It puts the lotion on its skin.

You know that saying or whatnot "when you start a relationship, every hot guy comes out of no where and asks you out?"
Well they should have a similar saying that "when you end a relationship, every ex boyfriend comes out of no where and says hi."

Geez.

Mickey - IMed me two nights ago.
Danny (the cop) - I ran into at the gas station last night.
The Devil - tried calling me 4 nights ago, and left a message saying he wanted to "talk" because his wife which he cheated on me with(wasn't a wife at the time) has cancer.
My friend Bryan whom I haven't dated but created huge problems with me and The EX, Imed me last night and asked if I was still with The EX.

And this morning at 8 am (somehow I was already awake), GH called me.
I answered on a whim.
"I didn't think you'd be awake." he immediately said.
"Why did you call me then?" I asked.
"I needed to talk to someone, I think I'm going to dump Medusa," he said.
I groaned a little and asked if he knew that Matt and I broke up.
He knew.
I made him promise that there was NO REASON on why he was breaking up with Medusa other than they weren't working out.
I told him that if I was a factor I was going to chop off his balls.
Medusa is mean, but she doesn't deserve that.
He assured me it wasn't and then (I think) suddenly regretted calling me since I was taking it that way.
I told him the long run in with the Ex's of my life, and how I was beginning to feel like I was on a reality version of Days of our Lives.
I think he felt a little better that my angst wasn't completely directed at him.
Then he gave me one of the best compliments ever.
He said, "QSW, I think that you leave impressions on people, and those impressions make people sincerely care about you. While all those people would probably jump at the chance to date you again(or date for the first) I think they also sincerely care that you are happy in life. They contact you still because even though it didn't work out with them, they want you at least happy in life. I'm not saying they don't have ulterior motives but I think those motives are shoved down if you are happy."

I talked with him awhile longer about Medusa, and then he got off the phone to go spend the weekend with her and her parents.

Ex-boyfriends kind of suck sometimes and sometimes they make me feel better, if only for a moment.

2 Comments:

Blogger Len said...

While I can say that the first statement is incredibly true, I've never experienced the second one. But I usually don't talk to exes again. Except one, because he's the only good boy.

May 26, 2007 at 2:47 PM  
Blogger Wanderlusting said...

Every since I've single....I've gotten attention like you wouldn't believe. It's hard to believe but in the last month I think I've been asked out 10 times. I've said yes twice ha. But yeah, good timing. A little flattery and attention is what I need right now.

As for exes...dont really have any contact with them (they were kind nuts and/or high school)

May 26, 2007 at 7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.