I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Friday, May 11, 2007

I work at a place that brings all the "shows" to campus.
Broadway, blue grass, comedy, you name it we've brought it.

We announced the 2007-2008 season in April.
In May the "friends" (aka, donors) could start ordering, and in June, the rest of the people can start ordering.
The general public is handled by the box office, but we handle the "friends."
Part of my job is taking every order form we get and putting it into a GIANT spreadsheet.
Boring as hell, but it's fun to see which shows are selling more and whatnot.

As I was processing an order today I noticed someone had used an address label instead of writing out the information.
It's a common practice but this individual had marked out half of it.
After looking at it more closely I noticed that this person had only marked out the "and wife" part in the title.
Instead of "husband and wife lastname"
it was just "husband lastname"

Who does that?

This individual had also purchased 15 different shows... one ticket each.

So interesting. Here is a man, whom for some reason got a divorce, and it bothers him about as much as having to find the white out for an address label.
Why even bother going to a show with someone? Heck, he'll go alone, better seats that way!

In other news, Harry Potter finally turned in his order form.
That's a funny one too.
His wife didn't even take his last name, almost saying, "Hun, just because you have to suffer with that name doesn't mean I'm going to be known as Mrs. Harry Potter!"

I swear I don't make this stuff up.

Song of the day: Franz Ferdinand - Take me out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.