I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Thursday, May 24, 2007

Good idea or bad idea?

Let's play a game.
It's called "Good idea, bad idea."
I'll give you a senario, and you tell me whether my idea was a good one or a bad one.

#1 : Tuesday evening I felt weak, and asked if Matt had a minute. When he responded, I stopped by his apartment, and ended up watching a movie there until 12, then going home.

#2 : Early Wednesday morning (5 am), my apartment building caught on fire. My first thought was to text message Matt, because I was tired and wanted a place to stay. Since he didn't respond, I slept in my car for the remainder of the evening/morning.

#3 : Since my apartment now smells like I had a campfire in my living room, and the air in the apartment gives me a headache, I asked Matt last night if I could stay in his spare room so I could sleep in peace. He said yes. I went over after sitting at a bar for most of the evening because it was better than breathing the air in my apartment.

#4 : Already tipsy, Matt and I continued to drink after I arrived at his apartment.

#5 : Drunk, Matt encouraged me by allowing me to sit on his lap, and talking about going to see movies together.

#6 : After being good and drunk, we decided to start talking about our past relationship.

#7 : Drunk, and hurting, and retarded, I asked him why we couldn't be friends with benefits until the end of summer. At the end of summer I leave, and it'll be easier for me to continue on through the summer with him than without him.

#8 : Matt didn't say yes or no, but decided to counter that with telling me how much he still cares for me and how he wishes it didn't have to be this way.

#9 : We sleep in the same bed instead of separate, and we curl up together to sleep.

#10 : I was awoken in the night by Matt who was yelling "I can handle two pussys!" and "Oh baby, you know I can handle them both!" in his sleep.

#11 : After waking him and telling him what he had done, he decided to tease me for awhile about it. Even waking but not opening his eyes and pretending to say it in his sleep again.

#12 : Matt over slept and it felt like he was blaming me for it. So I left, quickly.

#13 : I had a change of heart, drove back, parked outside his apartment building. I went and got coffee for the two of us, and waited until he got out of the shower to tell him that I was driving him to work, so he'd at least be there sooner. He accepted, and as he got out of my car I said, "Get your two pussy loving ass out of my car."

I know everyone has their own way of breaking up, but seriously, which numbers were bad ideas? I'm not saying I'm going to listen to you either, I'm just saying I'd like to know.

9 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

I love games! :)

Keep in mind I am going to try to keep to only 'good idea' or 'bad idea'... no in betweens, based on my experience.

Crap, after reading the first few I don't think I can keep to just two options... will provide notes!
1. Good idea, although just 'hanging out' should probably be done in moderation.
2. Good idea, did you try calling someone else also?
3. Same as above, but also good that you tried to keep staying there to a min by hanging out somewhere else.
4. Bad idea, drinking with recent ex not so good.
5. Bad idea, #4 + sitting on lap even more not so good.
6. Bad idea, ok if sober.
7. Bad idea, did the same thing... made everything more difficult in the end.
8. Bad idea, she did same thing after #7.
9. Bad idea, see #7.
10. hmm... not sure if there is a good/bad possibility... interesting though
11. Ha.. he did this to try and make you feel better.
12. Good idea.
13. Good idea, if you think he would have done the same for you.

May 24, 2007 at 11:09 AM  
Blogger Len said...

Again, I don't have the remotest idea why you guys have broken up.
Regardless:

#1: bad idea. I don't think an ex is supposed to care about you just because you're feeling weak? Thumbs up for him for doing so, but has never happened to me.

#2: Good idea. Anyway, force majeure!

#3: Rather bad idea, but he agreed, so who cares? I would have asked a friend who's not my freshly-ex.

#4: Drinking and ex? Bad idea.

#5: Bad idea, that's why.

#6: Good idea. It always feels good.

#7: Appealing idea. But shows how you're crawling at his feet and only means it will hurt longer.

#8: Always good for the soul, but more of a bad idea.

#9: Bad idea, see above.

#10: Hilarious. Or awkward?

#11: No idea what to say.

#12: Good idea.

#13: Agree with Scott, good idea if he'd do the same thing for you.

May 24, 2007 at 12:33 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Scott and Lenfer: I realized I painted myself as a very pathetic fool. I should let you know that Matt sobbed during our break up. Something he said he'd never do for a woman. Also, Matt is one of those people that is so stubborn that even if he wants something, if he's decided against it, thats it.
His argument on the reasoning behind the break up is this:
"You support me so much, my parents are the only one that equals that love and support. I have to break up with you because when I leave here I won't have that support, and that'll be hard for me."
I don't know what that means, but it hurts if that's the reason behind the break up. I asked if he would just cheat on me instead.

May 24, 2007 at 1:00 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

Sipwine - You're not a pathetic fool at all. I have been in the exact same place, and have done the same things. All because I believed, and had hope. I attributed all of it to thinking with only my heart, and not letting my brain help out.

I completely understand the hurting (reason why he made the decision he did) part. A 'cheat' would have definitely made things easier for me.

My mom put it (I think) a pretty good way to me, they are making the decision, not you. If they end up being unhappy with their decision, then it should be them that makes and puts forth the effort. Waiting and hoping does you (or me before) no good, and only draws out the hurt.

May 24, 2007 at 6:01 PM  
Blogger Wanderlusting said...

Um, what about him sending "I miss you" texts to his ex. That should be cause for YOU to break up with him...

PS no two breakups are alike. You'll learn from your mistakes if you are in fact making any. All I know is my ex said he doesnt love me anymore, I believe what he said and therefore do not wish to see him EVER. Yes I still love him but when if we did hang out it wouldn't hurt him at all...only me.

You're lucky, as are a lot of other people who are going through the same thing that I know of...at least you have someone that loves you. I'm just unlovable.

May 24, 2007 at 6:05 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

Also, the same girl attributed her not wanting to be together anymore because she was going to be far. Even though my answer was, "Well, why don't we at least try and see if we can do it". Her answer to that was that it would be too difficult. In the end, my answer to that was if she really cared about us (and me), then we would have at least tried.

Sorry for the long posts... I guess it just kinda hit home with me

May 24, 2007 at 6:09 PM  
Blogger Indiana said...

Bad Idea...the whole thing.

If you need a FB, they are not hard to find, but all you are doing is prolonging the "getting over" until later, that will not help but only leave youfeeling more rejected and operating from a more hurt and defensive posture.

May 24, 2007 at 6:43 PM  
Blogger Len said...

I have been in the exact same place, and have done the same things. All because I believed, and had hope. I attributed all of it to thinking with only my heart, and not letting my brain help out.

Would write the exact same thing about myself...

May 25, 2007 at 7:37 AM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Scotty: Good point, your mom is a wise woman. I've been in a similar situation as that. This one for some reason, I'm not willing to let go of. And about the distance thing, I was already planning to break up with Matt come december, I didn't want to try the distance thing either. For me it's way too difficult. I just wanted the summer and good memories with Matt.

Wanderer: You are not unlovable. Your ex was just a dickhead. I seriously have never hated someone without meeting them first, but Ross, he's the first. No two breakups are alike, and I swear I've been in a situation very similar to yours.

Indy: No, not true. Don't really need the sex. It's nice, but I don't need it. I'd rather leave the town and leave Matt at the same time. I'd rather not sit and stew in the town filled with memories.

Lenfer: Me too.

May 25, 2007 at 10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.