I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Thursday, April 5, 2007

Where do I begin?
I'm currently sitting in a parking lot, in Chicago, waiting for GH to finish his interview.
Maybe I should start with Matt.
Matt and I are not broken up, and he knows I'm in Chicago right now with GH.
Melinda doesn't know.
That catches the gist of the situation, doesn't it?

Now it's time for Once upon a time...

Yesterday morning, I awoke at 6 am after having a nightmare that consisted of Leatherface chasing me around with a chainsaw, and for some reason the only thing that was helping me stay alive was Saran wrapping my nipples.
That being said, at 6 am when awoke, I wasn't sure if I should laugh at my nipples or cry at Leatherface.
So I just got up for the day.
As I took a shower, I remembered the night before and Matt and everything flooded back into my memory (nipples and Leatherface will make you forget a lot). I knew I shouldn't call or talk to him.
I wrote a blog post, because that was my only safe way of releasing the frustration I had.
GH called around 11am and asked if he could use my car for Thursday.
I asked why, and it turns out, his car was in the shop and Melinda had originally loaned her car, but her parents found out and were upset that she wasn't the one driving it. GH needed to get to Chicago for his interview and was in panic mode.
I didn't care, so I told him I'd hand over the keys to him at Elections that night.
I went to class, then to work, then home, then to Elections which were being held by my service fraternity.
When I saw GH there, I walked over to him. Melinda was running for something so she was getting ready. "Here are your keys, my dear." I said sort of sarcastically.
"Will you come with me?" he asked.
"Why on earth would I?" I asked.
"I need help finding an apartment, and Melinda keeps wanting to go with me to look, but honestly I don't want her opinion because I know I won't be with her at the time that I move." he said.
"And I will be?" I asked.
"No, but you are completely honest with every thought and verbal utterance." he said.
I couldn't disagree with that, my honesty usually gets me into trouble, so I agreed to help him out.
Maybe I was feeling a little hostility with Matt, maybe because it was a free trip to Chicago and Dunkin' Donuts(we, do not have DD in Indiana), but either way, I was kind of looking forward to it.
I sat down, and Elections began.
About 30 minutes into it, right after Melinda's speech, I got a text message.
"God," I thought, "What does GH want now?"
Turns out, it was Matt.
Matt text: Are you going to be in Elections all evening?
QSW text: No, God I hope not, I think I'm leaving here regardless at 8:30.
Matt text: Want to watch a movie around then?
QSW text: Sure, why not, as long as you don't feel like you need to work.
Matt text: No, I've worked all day, I need a break.
I was there until 9, before I had the chance of slipping out.
I arrived on Matt's doorstep 10 minutes later.

Matt: I thought you ditched me.
QSW: Aww.. no, I'm not that big of a bitch, I just couldn't skip out until now.
Matt: Have you eaten?
QSW: No... are you cooking?
Matt: No, I'm taking you out. (pause, which made me look at him) I'm sorry I was such a dickhead last night, I don't know what got into me.
QSW: (shoulder shrug) I'm sorry I was so annoying last night.
After that it was dropped. No need to further draw out the matter.
He bought me mexican food and we came back with that and a movie.

Do not ever watch the movie "Idiocrasy" I dont' care if it's free on the TV, do not waste your time.

Matt seemed very needy that night.
He kept kissing me, and stroking my hair.
I almost said, "I went into this relationship knowing you were sometimes a dick, I'm not going to dump you over it."
Because thats what it felt like, like he wanted reassurance that I was still happy.
I told him about my trip to Chicago with GH.
He questioned it at first, but when I told him the "honest comments" part, he seemed to completely understand GH's motives.
Reminder: Matt does not know GH was my ex. I have tried to tell him but he has refused to listen. Matt even said on St. Patty's day that GH was an awesome guy that we should hang out with more... I was kind of horrified at that point.
I woke up the next morning, after spending a really good evening with Matt, to GH calling me.
We were to leave in an hour.
Ugh.
I got up, showered, clothed myself, and walked to my car.
GH bought me Starbucks and we were on the road.
"How was your evening?" he asked.
I told him and he acted a little jealous, then thoughtful.
"You told Matt you were going to Chicago with me?" he asked.
"Yes, didn't you tell Melinda that you were borrowing my car and traveling with me there?" I asked.
"Well, I told her about the car, but not about you." he said.

Apparently I am more honest than the average person.
I would think withholding information like that would be a big no-no to any relationship.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Honesty always wines. Wins, sorry.

Small joke there.

(Thanks for the movie heads-up, too, Sipper.)

April 6, 2007 at 7:50 AM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

I love your wit.

April 6, 2007 at 10:45 AM  
Blogger Wanderlusting said...

Hmmmm.

Just one thing that I would think about...

Isn't it inevitable that Matt will find out that you dated GH?

And then what will happen? Obviously you guys are just friends but by witholding the info,he may take it differently.

I would tell him one day (if he lets you) - would be a lot better then him finding out through someone else...:)

April 6, 2007 at 11:28 AM  
Blogger The Accidental Bitch said...

Yeah you can act as though you're being more honest about the Chicago trip, but if Matt knew about you and GH, you might have trouble telling him too.

Just a thought.

April 6, 2007 at 2:46 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Wanderer and TAB: You both are right.
I thought of that when I was driving with GH to Chicago.

April 6, 2007 at 4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.