I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Today in my office I had almost nothing to do.
I just sat around and did things for my service fraternity, like press releases, news letter, etc.
At one point I was just answering phones and stacking papers and stapling them.

The new girl came into my work area (i wasn't actually at my desk) to print something.
"Do you actually get paid to do this job?" she said with a I-think-that-you-do-absolutely-nothing-for-this-job-therefore-I'm-new-but-still-better sneer.

I turned to face her when she said this.
"Yes, I use to do your job also, but refused to take your position because I was getting the web developer's job." I said with a girl-you-just-joined-an-office-staff-of-12-people-and-I've-been-here-3-years-making-me-4th-longest-retaining-a-job-here-so-even-if-you-don't-like-it-I'm-your-new-best-friend-because-half-of-this-office-staff-still-comes-to-me-first-with-any-questions-they-might-have smirk.

She stood for a moment's hesitation, holding the paper she had just received from the printer, and then finished off with an "Oh" and a smile that said oh-my-god-I-didn't-know-that-someone-so-young-would-actually-have-some-power-in-a-corporate-like-office.

Men, see how much women read into a smile or a smirk or a frown.
No wonder we ask a lot of questions when it comes to feelings.
Imagine not being able to read those smirks and sneers.... it would be like.... being a man.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bridget M. Burns said...

I never thought about it that way. No wonder they have no idea!

April 4, 2007 at 6:33 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

I think I explained something similar to a male once... and he just stared at me in aw... that's when i realized he never thought of it in those terms.

April 5, 2007 at 5:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.