I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
So Matt is best friends forever with a guy named Mark.
Seriously, the only person I've ever seen Matt talk like a little girl about.
"Mark is so awesome, I love Mark, Mark is my friend."
Just kidding... not that bad.

So he never gets to see his BFF because of two reasons:

One: His friend now lives in Indianapolis, which is only an hour away, but still provides some distance to visiting a lot.

Two (and the real reason): Dana. Mark's Girlfriend. Which much to Matt's dismay, is a friend of an ex-girlfriends of HIS. Therefore, because he dated a stripper, and he thought he'd show off and take his buddy Mark to the place she worked, and because they all went out to breakfast afterwards where Dana met up with them... Mark is dating Dana.
All.Matt's.Fault.
Whatever... I have to hear about Dana this and Dana that, EVERY time he comes back from Chicago and gets to see Mark, obviously with Dana.
Mark will drive 3 hours north to see Dana almost every weekend.
Dana is insane.
Seriously.
The girl is looney.
And when she started dating Mark, she was married.
Long story, but she's insane.
She's now planning a wedding with Mark, even though he hasn't proposed.

So.
Matt has been REALLY sweet lately and I felt like doing something nice for him.
So I got him a couple of extra tickets to see Bob Saget next weekend. Two for us, and two extra for whomever he wants to take (I get them free mind you).
At first he looked at the tickets, and couldn't think of who to invite.
I mentioned one of his buddies at work, whom he said he'd invite, and then I said, "Why don't you tell Mark you have one extra ticket if he wants it?"
Matt lit up.
"Good Idea!!" he said.
He immediately sent Mark an e-mail.
Meanwhile the other friend he was inviting declined. Bummer.
He was still really pumped up though, a chance to see his buddy.
An e-mail was finally sent back.
"Wow, man! That would be awesome, I'll definitely be there! Dana said she wants to come too, is there any chance of getting a fourth ticket? Thanks Mark"

Matt was happy and mad at the same time.
He was happy Mark was coming, and MAD that he'd have to deal with Dana.
I just rubbed his shoulders at his computer and said nothing.
My mom always said, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.