I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Monday, April 2, 2007

So I didn't watch this show until this season.
And I LOVE it.
Matt and I got tricked into watching the first episode this season.
ID and RHM said that we should come over because they were cooking.
Sigh.
Ok...I can't turn down free food.
When we got there, 24 was all that they were talking about.
Oh no.
Matt looked at me, I rolled my eyes.
He shrugged his shoulders like "Oh well, we are here anyway."

He and I were hooked after the first two hours of it.
Now its a weekly ritual to sit in his apartment with food, between the hours of 9:00 and 10:00 pm.
This week... steaks and the hour between 9:00 pm and 10:00 pm.

****Update****

So I went over there at 8:30, and while I was standing in his kitchen cooking, he came into the room and ranted for 20 minutes about his day, his friends, his pre lim, and how writing sucks. I listened and cooked.
He finally felt better and asked how my day went.
I told him how I was going to be broke for the next week (buying meds for my eye, the insurance I have states that I have to buy the meds, and THEN get reimbrused for them... sigh).
He looked really concerned and said "Do you want money for the week, I just got paid yesterday, I can run to the ATM right now and get some money for you..."

Matt is bad at compliments, he's bad at giving gifts, he can't deal with emotion very well... but sometimes he just floors me.

I refused, but I felt very cared for at the same time.
We watched 24, and during an episode of Scrubs afterwards, I cleaned, and he laughed.
After it was done, I walked in and shut off the TV.
"You're right, the idiot tube is keeping me from working." he said.
I smiled, kissed him goodbye, and left.
I think I do the same thing for him as he does for me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sophie said...

Yes! Everybody seems to have such a distaste for it ...until they watch it ;)
Jack Bauer's the man.
If everyone on "24" followed Jack Bauer's instructions, it would be called "12".
mhmmm.

April 3, 2007 at 4:46 AM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

hahahaha, that is just an awesome statement.

April 3, 2007 at 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.