I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Saturday, April 21, 2007

The Oompa Loompas are coming to get me.

This weekend is Grand Prix weekend. It means that today, men get into little cars like Shriners and zip around a race track, while 100's of onlookers watch completely wasted.
Purdue has started the tradition of "The Breakfast Club" and many of my friends were at it today(there is a youtube video below on it). This morning thousands of drunk college students stood in line outside of Matt's window while waiting for the bars.
I was awoken at 6:30 by this.
At 7:20 I got my first call. MarriedMan apparently woke up at 5:45 to start drinking and by 7:20 he was in line and wanting to know where I was.
I rolled over and went back to sleep.
At 1, I decided that it might be a good idea to move my car that was parked on a side street. I left Matt's apartment, saying I would be back, and started walking.
Two Oompa Loompa's started following me.
I started walking faster.
They started yelling for me to stop and then broke into a run after me.
If two Oompa Loompas started running after you, your instinct would be to run.
That's what I did.
I flew around a corner and right into Oscar the Grouch.
I started to push past him when he said "Are you ok, QSW?"
I realized at that point that it was my friend Steve.
I grabbed him by both arms and said "The Oompa Loompas are coming after me!"
On any other day, I would have sounded crazy.
Oscar the Grouch half hugged me as the Oompa Loompas rounded the corner.
Pissed off that I was in the arms of another man, the Oompa Loompas threw their beer all over me.
Twice that has happened to me in less than 24 hours. The night before Swetha (friend) and I got beer thrown on us in the middle of the street, no idea why.
At least I had some idea why it was happening this time because the Oompas yelled "whore" as they turned to leave.
Oscar the Grouch didn't like the idea of me being called a whore, so decided to chase after them in a reverse situation from just moments before.
I didn't wait for him to get back, and I was off to my car.

My car was being used as part of a field goal.
No joke, some yahoo decided to pull up to my front bumper and use the slope of the front of our cars as a sort of a field goal.
Mainly footballs were just being thrown at our cars by drunk men.
I didn't even ask.
I just got in my car and locked the doors.
They started to get upset when I started it, but I drove off too quickly to hear much.
I drove to my apartment, got into the shower fully clothed and washed away the beer smell.. yet again.

And to top off that whole story, last night Matt found out about GH.
He said he already knew, and I apologized wholeheartedly.
He seems to be over his pissed-offness at my asshole move.
Crazy weekend, I wonder how tonight will go.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hugo Carlos said...

Heeey!

I enjoy your music, but I don't like the oompa loompas...

buen día!

salut!

hugo carlos
http://utopo.spaces.com

April 17, 2008 at 10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.