I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Thursday, April 12, 2007
Last night Matt, his friend Jared, and I went out to the bars.
We made friends with the table next to us.
We all started talking to each other and soon the tables had some of each group at them.
It was a really nice mix, and something that doesn't happen often in this town.
Matt and I left early and went back... to do other things... and after that was done, we started worrying about where his friend was.
His friend was going to hang out there some more, and then call us so he could sleep on the spare bed in Matt's apartment.
Matt tried calling him, no answer.
We kind of gave up at 3:30 am and went to bed ourselves.
Matt was really worried and I felt bad for him.
The next morning I had to be at work at 10:30 am.
At 10, I was running around Matt's apartment trying to get ready.
He wakes up, I'm standing at his spare room's door (the spare room contains laundry and his bed that other people sleep on).
He looks at me and worried he says "Are you alright?!"
I smiled and tried not to laugh and said, 'I'm fine, are you ok?"
He says "Yes, Is Jared alright?"
I didn't know what to say, I kind of thought in his half-sleep that he was asking if Jared was in the spare room, so I said, "Jared went home."
He sits up a little more and says "Did he, QSW, did he?" then promptly lays back down and passes out.
I was cracking up.
I was worried about him though, but in my rush to find my cell phone, I found his and saw that he had a miss call from Jared, I didn't worry too much after that, obviously he was alive since the call was at 4:30 am.
Matt wakes up before I leave and I told him he had a missed call from Jared on my way out the door.
Later on that evening, Matt and I were eating dinner and Jared calls 3 times during it.
"You better pick up, even though your eating, he must want something." I told him.
"Yea, yea, I've talked to him once today I don't know what is so important." he said.
He answers and found out that Jared apparently left his jacket in Matt's apartment.
Jared comes over and sits with us while we eat.
Jared apologized for not calling us sooner and I told him that he had Matt and I really worried.
"Well you, but not Matt, he's a guy, he never worries, " he says in jest.
"Oh no?" I said, and then preceded to tell him of Matt's half-sleep conversation with me.
Jared cracked up. I was laughing.
Matt was laughing and he looked bashful.
It was a Hallmark moment for men.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.