I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
I've seen relationships where the guy has to bend over backwards for a woman.
If he doesn't make it through all the firey hoops with her flowers, then he's not going to make it with her.

I've been in a relationship that the guy is definitely the one who pleases. Some days the guy wakes up, rolls over looks at me, and decides to make me breakfast before I wake. I'm constantly surprised and showered with attention. I, in turn, try to please him too, but the effort is only 40 % to his 110%. It's not like he minds, he's happy pleasing me, and tells me that. I got annoyed with that relationship, I'm sad to say, I don't know what is wrong with me.

I've been in a relationship that tried to be 50/50 as much as possible. Some weeks it would be more mine, some weeks it would be more his, but usually always even. Even Stevens. You say tomato, I say tomoto, let's call the whole thing off, sort of straight down the middleness. Around that middle area, is where I got really bored with it. Again, no idea what is wrong with me.

I'm in a relationship that is completely new to me. In fact, even people that read this blog sometimes look at me and wonder "Why is she with Matt?" WiscoBlonde thinks I should be up for sainthood. Wanderlusting and I pour over this type of relationship and try to figure out what we get out of it. TAB usually shakes her head at my posts and wonder what I'm thinking. Wombat is happy he's not alone in trying to figure out women.
I put up the toliet seat. I make dinner for him. I make sure I don't bother him if he's busy. And sometimes like last night he does things for me... like ask if he can take me to a movie on Wednesday. And strangely, I'm not bored or annoyed.

I guess everyone has to find their own stride in a relationship. After Matt, I'm looking for another person like him, because this is the happiest I've been, even in the bad times.

7 Comments:

Blogger Indiana said...

And here I am today wondering if we get to a point in our lives where sharing and compromise just don't happen anymore...we get to settled in the habit of being single.

April 17, 2007 at 5:04 PM  
Blogger The Accidental Bitch said...

I don't just shake my head, sipwine. What you get is the result of me pondering your posts and a response to that. I actually sympathize with a lot of the things you say, and just try to give the best advice that I can. I think we're a lot alike, actually.

April 17, 2007 at 8:36 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Indy: I didn't mean to leave you out of the bunch. If I re-wrote it, I'd definitely include that statement for you. :)

TAB: I didn't mean to offend you if I did. Most of the posts I read from you seems like you have your head screwed on straighter than mine, and some of my posts (no matter how true they are) I feel like I'm idiot for them. So in my mind, I think you must think i'm an idiot. Honestly, I look up to the way you handle things and the way you handle men(and I do appreciate your comments).

April 17, 2007 at 8:42 PM  
Blogger Wanderlusting said...

Well we obviously get a LOT out of it since we are both happy in the end.

Isn't that what it's all about? Every couple has problems, but what you want in the end is someone that makes you happy and makes you feel at peace.

You are lucky. You have this thing, that is what love is. It's what EVERYBODY wants and not many people get - look around.

People may shake their head at you because frankly they aren't in YOUR relationship and can't see what you really get out of it.

Which, is Love and Happiness. It's that simple.

April 18, 2007 at 2:18 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Well put Wanderer.

April 18, 2007 at 3:59 PM  
Blogger WiscoBlonde said...

*Sigh* It's truly about what makes you happy. When it works it works. We can't help who we fall for can we?

April 19, 2007 at 6:35 PM  
Blogger The Accidental Bitch said...

HAHA that is great. because I learned from my last blog to simply not blog about the stupid decisions I make. So you have yet to hear some of the worst stories. Don't worry, my head isn't even screwed on at all, let alone straighter than yours.

April 21, 2007 at 1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.