I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Wednesday, April 11, 2007

DRAMA


So, I received a text message from GH last night that said "And I ride off .... on the grass."
When he and I were dating we both quoted this episode of Extras with Patrick Stewart.
If you have the extra four minutes it takes to watch it, I highly recommend you doing so.
That text message was a line from that segment.
Laughing, I text message him back asking "What are you doing?"
I knew that the original text message was just something to get my attention, and he had succeeded in doing so. "Oh well," I thought, "there could be worse things that he does for my attention."
The text message I got back was worse.
GH text message: "I'm at Mel's place, Aunt Flo came to visit, wish me luck."
QSW text message: "Go to hell"
GH: "You're right, I'm sorry, forgive me."
GH (again): "Wait, why should I go to hell?"
QSW: "Um gee, I don't know, maybe I should just forward this to Mel and see if she says the same thing about the text message that I did? Better yet, should I assume every time I had the monthly thing that you sent text messages out to your ex girlfriends telling them to pray for you? I don't like Mel that much, but geez, draw a damn line."
GH: You're right, you're right, I'm sorry, I've had a lot of wine, that was dumb of me, forgive me.
QSW: Fine, I forgive you, lay off the wine, drunkard.

I walked into the living room where RHM sat, and asked what she thought of it.
She was horrifed as well.
"I don't like Medusa," she said, "But she doesn't deserve that... (she paused and then went on)... I don't thinks she deserves GH either."
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"Well, GH is basically having an emotional affair with you, and Medusa doesn't deserve that." she said.
"Do you think I should change the way I'm handling him?" I asked, "I don't feel as if I'm having an emotional affair away from Matt."
"You aren't," she said, "you tell Matt every time you hang out with GH, I've even been there when GH has text messaged you and you've showed it to Matt. Matt doesn't have to worry about anything, cause you tell him everything. GH doesn't, and Melinda doesn't deserve that."

I had to agree with her. GH wasn't doing anything really bad, he wasn't technically cheating, but the lying was going to catch up with him one day. And on that one day, he would be accused of cheating.
I shrugged my shoulders, and I made a vow to myself not to hang out with GH unless Melinda was there. No matter how much I disliked the woman. It wasn't fair to her, and if GH wouldn't talk to her about it, then the only thing I could do was to make it so he wasn't doing anything to hurt her.
Gawd, Men are frustrating sometimes...

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Medusa is such a pretty name.

More baby girls should be so called.

April 11, 2007 at 3:53 PM  
Blogger Wanderlusting said...

I love Extras. Ross and I were quoting that Patrick Stewart episode for days after watching it "So I'm flying this helicopter and I can see in the rear view mirror...". Also, the Kate Winslet one brings forth lots of "fudding."

April 11, 2007 at 7:54 PM  
Blogger Wanderlusting said...

Oh and about the rest of your post - When Ross and I were together, he had this crazy ex of his (you may recall the story or see the scars of her anonymous rampage on my blog). He thought there was nothing wrong with hanging out with her. Neither did I. Until I learned she still wanted him - bad - and was trying to get him away from me.

Ross admitted it to me that he was starting to think she wanted more. I didn't have to tell him it was innapropriate - he cut off all contact with her.

Of course then she went on her little rampage of psychosis but regarless, it felt awful (for me) to know that he was hanging out with a girl that was still obsessed/in love with him.

Matt doesn't care about GH cuz he doesn't know you dated. I bet if you told Matt - or even just said I think this guy actually really likes me - he wouldn't be so Ok with it after all.

April 11, 2007 at 8:00 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Wombat: Agreed. ;)

Wanderer: Actually Matt and I talked/laughed at how obvious GH was being with his affections towards me. Matt was a little upset at first when he kept text messaging me at all hours. He was upset until one day when GH called me I answered and told GH to chill out with all the calling(believe it or not, most of his phone calls were just about Melinda) and text messages (here again, Melinda) because I was not Dr. Ruth and I didn't know how to fix his problems.
I guess that kind of sealed Matt's insecruities about GH because now he doesn't really care about me hanging out with him because he knows I get annoyed with it.
I don't know, maybe you're right, he might feel differently if he knew that we had dated, but I know he knows that GH could be my lap dog if I wanted him to be. He just knows I don't want him to be.

April 12, 2007 at 9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.