I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Monday, April 23, 2007

Creative Spam.

Below is a spam e-mail I received today.
I actually read the majority of it before realizing I didn't know this person, and that my co-workers weren't actually talking about me.

Hi, I hate to be the one to mention this, but people at work are talking about your weight issue and it just disgusts me. Whether you know it by now, people are always chattering about each other at work but you come up more than enough. I feel the right thing to do is to let you know now before this gets worse. I wasn't the happiest or best-fit a year ago or so but I managed to change that thanks to my sister-in-law(of all people).
Anyhow, it was for the best. What I am saying is that you need to do something different and maybe you can make the same difference I did. Try this stuff I used. I took it on the idea it's just more junk but it worked great. I see more positive reviews on it nowadays and makes me feel even better. So, I am encouraging a change, not only in the chatter around here but in you personally if you are willing.

-Anonymous for now
Here is the website below I order from.

Thinking about it, I wear a size 2 and I have a 36 inch inseam.
I don't worry about my weight, and I know I don't have a weight problem, unless it's underweight.
So as a joke I forwarded this message to Matt, and wrote:
J$,
I'm forwarding this to you, Did you know about my weight issue?
Q

He wrote back to me:
Actually, I have a bit of a confession to make. I'm guilty of talking about your weight behind your back. I'm just worried that if something doesn't change that you will have to pull dragged down the stairs of my apartment in a custom fattie wheelchair by a team of 7 emt's to get you in for your gastric bypass surgery.

Is that really what you want out of life? Sitting around at 2 in the morning sucking down ho hos calling up Moroccan restaurants? Is it?


I was having a case of "i'm going to kill my co-workers" monday, and to receive that e-mail at that point was the only reason I actually started reading it.
Matt made it all better.

7 Comments:

Blogger Circe said...

That is hilarious! Mean, but hilarious! Because had the shoe fit, you would have felt really bad.

hugs,
circe

April 23, 2007 at 12:53 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

So I guess now we are in the age of 'creative spamming'?

April 23, 2007 at 2:32 PM  
Blogger Indiana said...

Size 2, 36 inch inseam...those are some serious nice numbers ~wink~

April 23, 2007 at 4:43 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Circe: If the shoe really had fit, I would have been upset by the creative spam, you're right, and I definitely wouldn't have sent what I did to Matt.

Scott: We are, haven't you heard? They are flithy little hobbitis...

Indy: Um.. thanks.. My parents gave them to me? ;)

April 24, 2007 at 8:35 AM  
Blogger MrFancyPants said...

God, now I want to watch midday TV and suck down about 20 ho ho's....

April 24, 2007 at 12:00 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

haha, oh my Martian..

April 24, 2007 at 4:21 PM  
Blogger The Accidental Bitch said...

lol this is the funniest thing I've heard from Matt. Nice!

April 25, 2007 at 9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.