I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Yesterday was very frustrating.
Matt was leaving for Chicago again, and when I asked him that morning, if I could come over and make dinner for him, he said yes.
I knew he'd leave shortly after he was done eating, but I was so happy I wanted to do something for him.
Before I left his apartment that day, I suddenly remembered I had a meeting.. "oh shoot, I do too!" he said (this was one of his "reasons" for coming home, the meeting wasn't that important though).
We laughed and I said, "Whatever, I'll just come over right afterwards."
I came over around 7:15, and he wasn't home yet.
I was dressed in a dress that I knew looked good on me.
I knew it looked good on me because
A.) it exposed cleavage that most people don't know I have and
B.) I had had two guys (friends) try and rub my shoulders, Matt's next door neighbor gave me a compliment on it and normally he doesn't talk to me, and when Matt walked in the door, he said "Holy shit!" and sat there undressing me with his eyes.

What wasn't noticed by all that I walked past, was the fact that this dress came commando.
Most women have done this trick, wear a dress, and don't wear the panties. Men seem to love it, and women will get what they want from it.

So.... Matt walks in and I'm standing in his kitchen cooking and wearing a dress with no underwear.
He asked me what I was doing and I said "cooking, silly."
A look of extreme guilt crossed his face.
"I already ate," he said.
I turned around and stared at him.

He told me that he got confused and thought since he was in a meeting and I was in a meeting that we were just going to eat separately.
It was an honest mistake, but frustrating nonetheless.
He said that he honestly wished he hadn't eaten the pizza because I was making flat iron steak and mashed potatoes.
Oh well.
So I stopped where I was and went into the living room with him.
He told me that he was waiting for his friend to call him back and then he was going to leave.
His friend had his conference pass and he needed it for Wednesday.
We started talking and while he was telling me something terribly uninteresting about one of his friend's friends, I started unbuttoning his shirt.
When I got to his pants, he said, "You're right, I don't know why I'm talking."
I laughed and before I could remove the pants, his entire leg started to vibrate and ring.
I rolled off of him so he could answer, and doing so, he must have learned my secret, because as he was saying hello, his hand flew up my dress, got to my bare bottom and thats when he gave me a look like "Hellllllllloooo Nurse." (Animaniacs reference)
He, for a moment, forgot about his phone conversation.
The rest of his phone time went something like this:
"Yes,
Uh huh,
Yes,
Oh,
Ok,
No it's fine,
Yea, come on over,
QSW and I are here."

Complete frustration on my part.
When he got off the phone, he didn't have to tell me, the look of complete guilt was all over his face.
His friend was already on the way here, and there was nothing he could do about it.
"I'm so sorry, " was all that he could say.
"It's fine..." I said with a sigh.

I got up to leave, and he asked if I was going to cook the steaks without him.
"Yea probably Friday though." I said.
"Wait... what is Friday?" he asked.
"I'm having a cook out with all of my friends in my apartment." I said.
He looked extremely offended.
"Oh, so I'm not invited?!" He looked hurt.
I raised an eyebrow and said, "Yes, if you are back from Chicago by then, but I have a feeling you won't be, so I figured I'd see you Sunday."
"When were you going to tell me about this? You know I can come back early if you tell me these things! And what about Saturday? Too busy to hang out with me then?" he said in a somewhat pissed off tone.
I was kind of stunned at this point.
After I got over my astonishment, I said "Well Matt, I just decided 3 hours before I saw you that I was going to have a cook-out, I was planning on telling you about it over dinner, and Saturday I'll be gone all day and night because it's active overnighter (my service fraternity's get together) so Sunday is when I'LL be back."
I was kind of pissed off at that point.
He looked guilty again.
Wow, three times in one night, I have feminine powers I did not know about.
He sheepishly said, "Well, I'll probably leave Chicago on Friday afternoon."
"Well then, I'll expect you at my apartment for dinner then." I said.
Then I kissed him goodbye, walked out the door, down the stairs, out the door again, around the corner, and right smack dab into GH.

I thought the two day time span had nice symmetry to it.
GH and I eating, and running into Matt on our way out.
Matt and I not eating, and me running into GH on my way out.


"Hey Rockstar" he said(it's a pet name he uses for me).
"Hey" I said "I'm off to walk around for awhile."
"In that dress at night? Are you kidding? Alone?" He looked concerned.
"I guess you are going to have to walk with me then, if you are so concerned," I said back.
He turned from the path he had originally been walking on, and started walking with me.
We walked for an hour and then I returned him to Melinda's (my brother's ex and his current gf) apartment, and walked the rest of the way home.

Frustrating night.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wanderlusting said...

Sigh.

I used to cook while wearing things like a red wig and miniskirt. But I never seem to get a reaction.

I don't get it, when I dress up and go commando, it just seems like everyone else compliments me...and not the person who should.

March 28, 2007 at 9:39 PM  
Blogger Sofia said...

It's very frustrating when you try to plan something and it just doesn't work out...happens to me a lot.

March 29, 2007 at 3:23 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Wanderer: Isn't that how it always is? Sigh... Life is crazy sometimes.

Sofia: It seems to happen to everyone at some point or another :(

March 30, 2007 at 11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.