I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Sunday, March 4, 2007


When it comes to relationships, is it smarter to follow your heart or your head?

It’s a Carrie question.

I watched an episode of Sex and the City last night, and that question was popped.
I started thinking…
I talked to MW on Saturday evening when Matt was in Chicago.
She started crying (she’s pregnant, tears come easy) when she heard about the fight, she was worried that one or the other was going to dump the other.
I assured her I wasn’t.
When I got home, I wondered about Matt’s end.
I texted him and got confirmation that he wasn’t thinking about it.
Still, I knew something wasn’t right between us, I didn’t know if it was on my end or his.
My end, when something wasn’t right, I bolt and tear away faster than a crack whore in front of the cops.

Maybe I wasn’t right.
I’ve already done this once, and regretted it.
Should I wait until he dumps me? Should I wait and get hurt? I’ve been hurt enough, in fact, I’d rather ruin something wonderful, to not get hurt.

Tonight I went out with RHM and ID.
ID and RHM both agree that I have complete control of the situation.
What that means I have no idea…
I KNOW that Matt isn’t tied to me, because if he was I would have dumped him like I did GH.
No, I can’t deal with a guy wrapped around my finger.
So I asked.
ID and RHM agreed that if I knew things weren’t going right, that I’d dump him long before I got hurt. In fact, they said that both were expecting me to dump him now.

Wow.

One fight, that ended in me getting hurt and I was suppose to dump him.
What does that say about me?

I looked at both ID and RHM.
ID and RHM had never been in a relationship that had lasted more than 2 months.

In fact, because of that, they had both seen a similarity in each other that made them want to fuck each other on a long term basis.

IN FACT, they were long term fuck buddies, probably the best relationship they’ll ever be in.

I turned to my brother, who was sitting with us.
“You know,” I said to him, “Matt wants to kick your ass for slapping me at Pimp and Ho the other night.” (long story, but my brother slapped me and didn’t mean it, brother and sister stuff)
“I know, “ he said to me, “He’s kind of right about it, and I shouldn’t have slapped you.”

One: My brother never apologizes like that.
Two: My brother has never said anything remotely nice about a boyfriend of mine since “The EX”
Three: I realized that Matt really did care, and I was an idiot and being a girl.

My brother saved me from my head that evening. My heart was scared, but my head beat it into submission.

5 Comments:

Blogger Wanderlusting said...

So, here is a question for you: What is it that is scaring you? Why would having Matt tied to you be such an issue? If you are afraid of commitment, then...do explain why that is.

March 4, 2007 at 11:08 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Tied = emotionally sufficating. GH would call me, and if I didn't answer that would get worried after about an hour and call my brother to make sure I was ok.
That is what I mean by tied too. It killed us completely.
I'm not afraid of commitment, well maybe a little, but its more along the lines of getting hurt.
I'm scared to get hurt.

March 5, 2007 at 6:05 AM  
Blogger Wanderlusting said...

Yeah well I think GH was one of a kind. He sounds like my mum. If she can't get a hold of me, she will call Ross.

Luckily most guys (aside from GH) are not like that...instead, the girls are (not you though and for that Matt should be grateful). I don't think you have anything to worry about with Matt being tied to you in that way. But being afraid of getting hurt? That's very real. I worry about the same thing too...I think we all do.

March 5, 2007 at 10:20 AM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

I think if you and I had met in really life, and not over a blog, and we lived in the same city, we'd be good friends.

March 5, 2007 at 8:42 PM  
Blogger Wanderlusting said...

Awwww, me too! :P

Hey, next time I'm in Indiana...erm...I mean, the 1st time I am in Indiana

March 6, 2007 at 3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.