I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Wednesday, March 7, 2007
Reading the post below this is a better idea before reading this one, but this one was a story in itself.

RHM and I got out to Harry's around 10ish.
There were a ton of people there.
Most of the crowd were men, age range from 30 to 60.
NOT at all normal for Harry's.
RHM quickly informed me of a conference that her father had gone too today and she believed that all these people were from that conference.

Ugh.

We found a spot and sat down in it.
We had almost finished our first drink when two men slid there chairs over to us and asked us to dance.
"What?!" I said.
Harry's was not a dancing bar.
The man slapped the table next to him and said "Right here on this table."
I started laughing and exclaiming no repeatedly.
He offered a hundred bucks.
I definitely said no.
The left us alone momentarily.
RHM quickly pulled out a fake diamond ring and slid it on her wedding hand.
"That's not going to work," I said, "I bet all these men are already married themselves."
She looked horrified.
"They're harmless," I assured her "But if you really get offended you can always tell them about your father working with them tomorrow morning."

Marvin Gaye came on the jukebox and the lyrics of "Let's get it on" flowed out.
Two things happened.
One... the man bringing the drinks to us, picked up his flirting with me three notches.
He came by with our drinks and started singing the song to me.
I laughed and smiled, as I said, it was harmless.
Two... one of the men, who had asked us early to dance, stood up after the waiter left and walked over to me.
"Once around the floor, sweetheart," he cooed, "then I won't bother you the rest of the night."
Honestly, if RHM hadn't been freaked out next to me I probably would have. He was 55 or 60, he looked like someone's grandpa, and honestly he just wanted to dance with a pretty girl.
He reminded me of Frank Sinatra and the 1950's.
He had grabbed both of my arms during his speech and was trying to get me to stand up.
RHM looked like if she had Mace she would have used it.
Silly girl.
"No no no," I said, "I'm really sorry, I have two left feet and I don't want to kill someone in the process of us dancing."
He let go in mock disappointment.
He turned to RHM.
"Oh NO," I thought.
RHM without missing a beat said, "Hey, I think my father meets with you guys in the morning, are you with the Roads group?"
RHM has no tact.
I felt sorry for the man, but like I said, they left us alone the rest of the night.

We got a table soon after and moved to it, NG and ID showed up a few minutes after and Matt a few minutes after that.
First thing, the waiter came around to get drinks.
He was obviously flirting with me.
He left to go get the drinks.
Matt turns to me and said "That guy wants to date you!"
"I know," I said, "He's been flirting with me all evening, but he's not the worst one here."
I told him about the other men.

The rest of the night Matt tried every opportunity to let the guy know that we were dating.
It was humorous to see him go from "Let's break up" to "I'm so damn jealous."
RHM and I were the only ones laughing. I don't think Matt realized he did it.

I should have stated this before, but I think the first thing to go in a relationship that's having problems is the sex.
It had been a week and a half since Matt and I had done anything together.
He said he was stressed out, I thought it was me.
It might have been both.

We got back to his place and I asked him again if it was alright that I was here. He assured me that he wanted me here because it was I that was going to get him out of bed in the morning.
I laughed at that.
He started talking about ex girlfriends for some reason.
Mostly about how insane they were.
Not my sort of conversation.
Finally after listening to him for 20 minutes I said "ENOUGH."
He pointed out that I had talked about my ex's before and it wasn't fair that he couldn't talk about his.
Laughing, I told him that I had literally heard every story he told me.
He might not remember telling me it, but he had.
I added more details to three of the stories that he had left out this time around to prove my point.
"I'm going to have to use my pimp hand on you," he said and then moved his hand mockingly to my face.
I threw him backwards and landed on him to prove that I was craftier.
And in two seconds, suddenly we were kissing each other. Hard.
Clothes came flying off.
He was holding me so tightly I could barely breath, but I didn't dare say anything.
It was quick and it was intense, but it was exactly what we both needed.
We curled up afterwards, had he had his arm firmly around my stomach for most of the night.

4 Comments:

Blogger Wanderlusting said...

You are right about the sex thing...funny how it is usually the first thing to be affected. And funny how it is usually the first step to getting things back to normal as well

March 7, 2007 at 11:31 AM  
Blogger Indiana said...

I agree...sex is a total barometer for the health of a relationship, but it can also mask the problems benneath a chorus of orgasms, so real problems are denied, or at least ignored.

March 7, 2007 at 4:01 PM  
Blogger WiscoBlonde said...

I wish sex was the last thing to go, but I'm going to have to join the chorus on this one. With my Ex, it went three months before the break-up - of course I was in denial the whole time.

March 7, 2007 at 8:59 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Wanderer: I completely agree,The EX and I had sex end about 6 months before we split

Indy: I agree with that too, and I hate the emptiness you discover after realizing you are only happy with the orgasm.

Wisco: I've been in those shoes, sucks doesn't it?

March 8, 2007 at 10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.