I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Saturday, March 10, 2007

MM, MW, steak, and a bottle of wine (for MM and myself).

So right now... its 57 degrees.

57
Indiana weather is soooooo screwed up.
It snowed a foot and a half 2 weeks ago.

I called MarriedWoman today and invited myself over to her house.
This might sound like an inconsiderate thing to do, but she's got it in her head that since she can't go to the bars, I don't want to hang out with her.
She's pregnant, she doesn't have a weird disease.
When I hung out with her last weekend, she called me the next day and thanked me 20 times for coming over and spending time with her and giving up my time out at the bars.
While I like alcohol, I'm not in love with the bars.
I have no idea why she got this notion into her head that I would rather sit in a bar, then spend time with her. When we were really close before she went and got herself knocked up, we went out to the bars every once in awhile.
I don't want to go every Saturday.

So back to the story.
She got really excited when I told her that I was bringing over meat and a bottle of wine, and that MarriedMan was going to cook for us.
She said, "Wonderful! You guys take the meat, and I'll drink the wine!"
Ha.
She asked if we should invite Brad and Katie over.

Brad and Katie. Where do I begin?
Katie is a sweet girl, but she's a girl, she hasn't really grown up yet. MW and I are both 24 going on 25, and Katie, is a new 21 year old.


Brad is an asshole. I hate him. He obviously has a crush on me, and he flirts with me like a 2nd grader right in front of his girlfriend. On top of that he likes to play games with her head.

Katie and Brad have broken up more times than Ike and Tina.

*She's living with him right now, and he'll come home and say something like "I'm sorry things had to be this way, but I'm ready to break up." Which will send her in a frenzied, sobbing, packing up, and moving out escapade.
By the time the clock strikes 9, they will be back together and as happy as ever.

**I invited both of them to the Pimp and Ho party. He came, and told her to stay at home because he wanted to check out the girls that would be there and he needed a ride home anyway. So she was to sit by the phone and wait for his call. She did.

***Last weekend they came over and ate with us. After they left, MM asked what it was that MW and I didn't like about Brad. I did a fantastic wine-induced comparison Brad and MM to Lennie and George, respectively. MM laughed so hard at my impression of Brad as Lennie that wine squirted out of his nose.

There was a long pause on the phone as I was considering her question.
I said, "Nah...."
She let out a sigh of relief and agreed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.