I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Friday, March 9, 2007
Matt and I have a running joke about booty calls ever since this night happened, after we had broken up.

Wednesday my eye went crazy. It turned red (it's done it before, and I've had to go to the hospital) and it was throbbing, and I was worried.
I sent Matt an e-mail asking if he was going to be working late, because if he was, then I could call him first if I needed to go to the hospital again.
Matt didn't get the e-mail till almost 7pm, and after he got it, I got two e-mails back, and 45 text messages about how he thinks we should go now. It was sweet how worried he was.

Yesterday I sent Matt an e-mail.
This asked him for an hour of his time that evening.
It was a booty e-mail, he just assumed it was something about needing to go to the drug store for pain relief.

I came over, and my eye was 100% better.
He noticed immediately.
Then asked what the hour was for.
I started to unbutton his shirt.
His eye brow raised and then he said, "I thought we only didn't booty calls over text messaging, not e-mail."
"I don't play by the rules," I joked back.

45 minutes later, we were putting clothes back on.
"Are you hungry?" he asked.
"A little, for some reason I'm craving Thai food." I said.
Matt and I get food together all the time, we always go dutch, because I don't like the feeling of one sex paying for everything and one sex sitting pretty.
So we went to the Thai restaurant.
He got up to get a box for me at the end of the meal, and sneaked over and paid for the meal.
We walked back to his apartment and I thanked him for doing so.
He just smiled and shrugged his shoulders.

It was one of the only times that I've felt bad for a booty call, and good about someone else paying.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wanderlusting said...

Ross pays for me all the time which is really sweet but in actuality makes me feel very guilty, even though, yes, he is the one with the job and I am not...

Ahem. But that is changing so I hope he'll let me pay for things from now on.

March 9, 2007 at 12:50 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Wanderer: I'm always a person who wants to pay at least half, it is just the way I am. But for the last few days he's been sneaking around buying me things like that (now its two dinners and drinks), and I'm just going to roll with it. I'm not one to kick a gift horse in the mouth.

March 10, 2007 at 5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.