I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Last night, I was crazy.
Crazy for two reasons:

First reason I was crazy:
I got in a fight with my mother earlier that day. Followed by trying to call Matt but I got no answer. Followed by feeling lonely and walking into his apartment (he doesn't care that I go there). Followed by surfing the net and deciding to save a picture I found,
which popped up the "save where" box,
to which opened into his "my pictures" area,
to which I saw pictures of his ex girlfriend there.
Followed by going to the folder itself and finding three sets of ex-girlfriend pictures:
First, a picture of him and his ex which I had seen that had just called him recently
Second, a picture of him and another of his exs who still stops by unannounced and calls him a lot.
Third, about 20 pictures of another ex naked.

I realized I was being psychotic when picture set 3 didn't even phase me, and in fact, I didn't even care when I saw them, she was hot, I don't blame him.
Also, picture set 1 I had seen before(he showed me), I just hadn't a name to go with it and I'd be a damn hypocrite if I got mad because she had just recently called him.
No, the only thing that bothered me in my interrogation of his privacy was the picture set number 2.
I thought about how retarded I was being. I knew that if I had asked to see what his ex-girlfriends had looked like, he would have happily sat down at this computer and showed me all the pictures I had just seen (even the naked ones, I know it sounds crazy). I trusted him, but in my weakened state I decided to flip out.
I'm chalking it up to it just being a bad day.
I called him 3 times that day from the hours of 3pm till 11:30pm. At 11:30, he picked up, well actually he hit ignore on me, sending me to his voice mail, and then called me right back apologizing for his butter fingers. I talked to him for 10 - 15 minutes (about none of the above, girlfriends, my parents, etc.) and then felt better once I got off the phone.

I felt a bit crazy, nonetheless.

Second reason I was crazy (I've bet you've forgotten there was two):
I got home around 11:30ish last night. After talking to Matt and feeling a sort of relief (remember I still had had a fight with the parents) I felt I needed a drink.
RHM went and made me one, and it was strong.
15 minutes and a half an drink later, she came to the door and told me she was going to her fuck-buddy's apartment to get laid.
I said ok and promptly finished of my drink of Jack and Coke and made myself another one.
At 1:30ish I was happy.
Slap happy.
So happy that when RHM came home from getting laid and she asked if I wanted to go to Denny's I jumped up from my bed, ran around her several times and chanted 'Denny's' like I was routing for the home team.
I called FN and he said he'd meet us there.
We got into the car (RHM was driving cause I definitely could NOT) and her 80's mix cd was in.
I cannot tell you in words the happiness felt upon hearing "Jesse's Girl" come on the CD, nor can I tell you how hard RHM was laughing while trying to drive.
But I can tell you that I injured my hand while "dancing" to it, and RHM had genuine tears rolling down her face from laughing so hard.
We got to Denny's.
I don't remember what I said, what happened, how many cheese fries I ate, or how loud I was, but I promise I was annoying to anyone around us.
FN thought it was the best thing he'd ever done at 2 am in his life.
After the food arrived FN and RHM took bets on how fast the alcohol would wear off from my blood stream.
They were both wrong.
On the way home RHM saw my renditions of "I wear my sunglasses at night," "Jesse's girl,(again)" and "Take me on." When I got home I felt a little crazy so I laid down, and that was the last thing I remembered until this morning.

6 Comments:

Blogger Indiana said...

I burnt all my ex-girlfriend photos onto a couple of CD's and filed them away, even the naked ones...any current gf is welcome to use my computer, and while she knows I have obviously dated, she doesn't need to be slapped in the face with the pictorial evidence.

March 13, 2007 at 5:07 PM  
Blogger Scorpy said...

My ex torched all of my ex gf pics much to my annoyance yet years later I found she had kept all of hers...her excuse "..but mine are in albums and I have attached notes to them".

March 13, 2007 at 6:14 PM  
Blogger Wanderlusting said...

Wow. You obviously have security and confidence in your relationship and self that I could never have.

If I found naked pictures of Ross's Ex on my computer, it wouldn't be good, to say the least.

What I would ask myself is "Why does he have it? Why would anyone keep pictures of their ex...NAKED? Not just one (that's bad enough), but many?"

I can understand pics of your ex floating around, especially if it was a VERY long relationship, if they are still in touch etc. Heck, I have pics of my exes.

But naked pictures... I guess you know Matt very well, but if my bf had them, I would second guess my relationship. Maybe that's insecurity but I think it's understandable.

March 13, 2007 at 6:18 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Indy & Scorpy: I think keeping pictures of exs aren't a bad thing. Even the naked ones. Scorpy I'm sorry your girlfriend made you do that, its my opinion that she was wrong.

Wanderer: Where do I begin? I would be a hypocrite if I felt any differently than I do about the situation. I have naked pictures on my computer of my ex boyfriends. I get calls (at least) weekly from GH. My EX still e-mails me once a month, and I'll get the occasional phone call from other exs. Still, with all that, I love Matt and I care about him deeply, and only him. The rest are just paraphernalia from past relationships. And with his, I feel the same way. The only one that really bothered me was the one that still really tries to talk to him, but then I realized that GH even though he's dating my brother's ex girlfriend, still really tries to talk to me, and Matt doesn't mind.

March 13, 2007 at 8:09 PM  
Blogger Wanderlusting said...

See, I wouldn't like it if my bf didn't mind that I was in close contact with my ex. I'm not, btw, (he's an ass) but a little jealously is healthy and good. Of course if it was an issue when it shouldn't be, that's different.

But maybe I feel that way because I am by nature insecure and more jealous than not. It would be nice to not have those feelings!

I can understand though if you wouldn't care as much if YOU have naked pictures of your ex on your comp and GH still phones you everyday. You are right, that would be a bit hypocritcal, but just because it is, doesn't mean it's wrong to feel uneasy even if you do the same. I think it's just human nature.

But I do wonder...I know that you are way past GH, but do you think/know that he may still have feelings for you?

March 13, 2007 at 9:20 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Wanderer: (or should I call you Lusty like Indy?) I really don't have those feelings. I'm not sure why. At some point in my past I was a very insecure person, I would have freaked if I had found those, but with Matt, it doesn't bother me. He told me long ago that there were still picture there, and when I found them they didn't come as a shock, just who was in them. I think it's just life experiences that has changed me into this person who doesn't care about naked pictures.

I know GH still has very strong feelings for me. Every time my brother's ex is brought up around me, he's ready to dump her. I don't quite know how to handle him sometimes, but I try to keep being friendly with him, much to my brother's ex's dismay.

March 13, 2007 at 11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.