I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Sunday, March 18, 2007

A horrible St. Patty's day.

The night had some postive, or worth mentioning moments.
GH and Matt kissed.
Neither one of them is a guy who does that. In fact, I don't know any guys except FN who do that.
Still, it was horrifying, especially since Matt doesn't know that I dated GH.
That one will bite me one of these days.

I kissed GH's girlfriend as a joke because of what GH and Matt did.
Which is also weird because its my brother's ex girlfriend.

Matt and I just MADE OUT at the bars.
We do NOT do that. In fact, while we are out most people couldn't tell that we were dating. We don't talk only to each other, we don't normally sit by each other, we don't hold hands... we are a pleasant couple to be around, normally.

What made it horrible though, was me.
Sigh.
I'm still kicking myself on this. I still feel like running around and telling everyone "That wasn't me! I swear! I had a weak moment! I had 3/4th a pitcher of green beer, 4 shots, a white russian, and a captain and coke! I WAS WASTED!!"

It won't matter. Most will agree with me.
I'm normally not like that. I'm a level-headed girl. Honest.

What I did, was because of many thing that happened over the last few weeks.
One: The afternoon that Matt's parents came, I was in his apartment. His phone started ringing, saying "Dawn" was calling. I e-mailed him to tell him he forgot his phone, but said nothing about who Dawn was.

Two: I freaked out about pictures on Matt's computer recently. He had a folder of pictures marked "Dawn and Company" and it showed a picture of him and an attractive girl sitting together and then another group shot of everyone.

Three: When were getting ready to leave, we were joking, and Matt says something like "call him" and tosses his phone at me. I press "talk" cause thats what I do with my phone to get to someone's number and it showed me that the last person he called was "Dawn." I made a comment, he said she was a friend of his, I made some snide comment like "ex-girlfriend, friend?" and he said no, and I said, "I thought that was the picture of the girl on your computer?" He said, "No, I don't have any pictures of her on my computer." I said nothing after that.

You can already see where I'm going with this, but I'll continue.

Four: The last straw, and at least I waited to be an asshole and we were away from everyone, but the last straw was the worst straw.
We get back to his place at 3 am. 333333333333 aaaaaaaammmmmmm.
I want to stress that.
I was wasted. WASTED!
We sit down to eat something, and he gets up to go get ME a glass of water... I'm such an asshole, I just remembered that little detail...
And the phone, his phone, next to me, started to ring.
"Dawn calling..." was what it read.
Oh god. I'm so sorry I'm really not an asshole all the time.
And I picked up the phone,
he turned to me to ask who it was,
and I said "Dawn's calling" and flung it at him.
I cringe typing that.

What happened next was a long fight until 4 am.
He had every right to be mad.

One: Dawn has known Matt for 15 years.
Two: Dawn is not his ex-girlfriend like he said.
Three: She's not even in the pictures, in the folder, with her name on it. I just love MySpace proving me wrong.
Four: It was St. Patty's day and Matt and Dawn are Irish. Gee, doesn't take a genius to figure out that the childhood friends would call each other.
Five: I'm an asshole, and I swear I would have thought a lot better if I had not been wasted.

Matt and I for the first time slept in separate beds in the same apartment.
This morning when we got up, we talked some more, and I think he finally forgave me.

Then... oh god... I left... and my car wouldn't start... because it was out of gas.
So I had to walk.... back to his apartment...and ask for his help.
Which he was fucking Prince Charming about...
...Only making the misery worse for me.

I, in the year I've been dating him, have never done anything like that.
And I'm so horrifed I did.

6 Comments:

Blogger Wanderlusting said...

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it! We all have our moments and issues...we are only human after all. Matt's not perfect, youre not perfect. Since you are the type who never seems to get jealous and doesn't even care that he has naked pictures of his ex on his computer, I think you are entitled to act a wee bit huffy once in awhile.

I mean, the gist of it is, you didn't have a public blowup* or anything, you were wasted and in his apartment.

Like I said, these things are inevitable. If they didn't happen, then I think you should worry.

*Not like Matt yelling at you in from of his friend a few weeks ago...remember, he did a stupid thing then, so I think he totally understands where you are coming from. And if he doesn't, he should.

March 18, 2007 at 6:32 PM  
Blogger MrFancyPants said...

Woah, sipwine, you deserve a break! I think that it's perfectly human to have moments of doubt. So you went a little crazy - big whup. Everyone should be forgiven their individual moments of insanity.

What really bothers me is that you kissed your brother's Ex. You do realize that that means you kissed your brother, right? Ew!

March 18, 2007 at 6:58 PM  
Blogger Del said...

You were drunk to start with...therefore you get a little allowance there.

But like Wanderlusting said...We all have our weak moments and I think you usually start to worry about things like other women when you realise you are really starting to feel something.

Seriously babe, I'm sure Matt knows you were just being a typical drunk chick!!

March 18, 2007 at 7:21 PM  
Blogger WiscoBlonde said...

It sucks, but I agree with Wanderlusting...at least you weren't in public for the fight. Stick your tail between your legs, be nice to him and he'll get over it.

March 18, 2007 at 9:14 PM  
Blogger The Accidental Bitch said...

Stop worrying that he's going to dump you over fights. He's forgiving you, and when you feel guilty it only makes things worse. Poor thing.

March 19, 2007 at 8:52 AM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Wanderer: I haven't talked to matt since it happened. I thought I'd give him some time to forget what happened.

Martian: My brother's ex is hot. And she now makes out with my ex-boyfriend... so its more like I'm making out with my ex-boyfriend... shhh don't tell anyone.

Del: I was very drunk. So drunk... so very very drunk...

WB: Have stuck tail firmly between legs.

TAB: I always love your comments. Straightforward and honest. And you're right, me feeling guilty is going make things worse.

March 19, 2007 at 1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.