I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Thursday, March 1, 2007

Bob Dylan vs. Madeleine Peyroux


I know I've mentioned on here how much I love Madeleine Peyroux's music. In fact her lyrics are underneath my blog's name "Quietly Sipping Wine."

Today, I was listening to one of my favorite's which is "You're gonna make me lonesome when you're gone."
However I did not realize it was an original Bob Dylan song.
Excited, I quickly went to Amazon to listen to a clip of the original.

Maybe I'm biased, maybe I had different expectations, but what I heard was like nails on a chalkboard.
The tempo on the original was 5 times faster, his beautiful lyrics seemed lost in his voice, his way of singing made the song seem emotionless, and over all I was kind of disappointed.

I have enough room in my "favorites" category for both, and I was kind of disappointed the original would have never made it there. In fact, if I had heard Bob Dylan's original song on a CD, I probably would have pressed the skip button.

You're gonna make me lonesome when you're gone. Listen to Bob. Listen to Madeleine.

I was hoping for another Sabrina-like tale. I originally watched the newest version, and fell madly in love with it. Later, after I was introduced to Audrey Hepburn, I started watching (and buying) all of her movies. I found out that she had done the original Sabrina. I watched the movie, and I found that it was as enjoyable as the newest version.

Although there is no comparison from Harrison Ford to Humphrey Bogart.
Harrison Ford will always be top man in my book.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wanderlusting said...

I'm the biggest classic movie fan, so Bogie will always be my leading man...along with Cary Grant...and Gregory Peck...and William Holden..and James Stewart...I could go on.

Honestly. I hate Bob Dylan. Shoot me now but I just don't like him or his music. There I said it!

February 28, 2007 at 12:45 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

You know, I agree with all your choices except Bogie. I don't know, Bogart never did it for me. Too stiff or something. The rest, I'd totally put over Harrison Ford. :)

I don't mind Bob Dylan, but yea, that song sucked.

February 28, 2007 at 1:50 PM  
Blogger Indiana said...

Oh c'mon Casablanca, how can you not respect Bogie? He shows old school charm and respect to help the love of his life live hers with her husband...now that is class.

February 28, 2007 at 9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.