I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Monday, February 5, 2007


Superbowl was last night.
Matt was cheering for the Bears in Chicago.
I was here, pretending to cheer for the Bears at first because I was at a Bear-only party, then switching parties and cheering for the Colts.

I will not tell Matt this.

I don't know if you've ever met someone from Chicago. Let me explain.
If you are a Chicagoan, then your city rules all. Screw New York and L.A., Chicago is THE city.
If you aren't from Chicago, then it's a nice city and has lots of stuff to do in it.
I'm not sure where this unbridled passion for a city comes from, but I know New Yorkers, Seattle people (what are they called?), Hoosiers (meaning people from Indiana), and Californians and none have had this sort of passion for their city or state.

Sure, people are proud of where they come from, I understand that, but being a Chicagoan means that I might not have a boyfriend because the Bears lost, and I'm from Indiana.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What are people from Seattle called?

Wet.

No. Really.

-Wombat

February 5, 2007 at 12:47 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

As in "The Wets of Seattle?"
;)

I think I'll just call them Seattleites.

February 5, 2007 at 12:58 PM  
Blogger The Accidental Bitch said...

It's Seattleites.

And we are very proud. And yes, Wombat, sometimes we're wet.

February 5, 2007 at 6:25 PM  
Blogger Crazybeautiful said...

Very true. I think it's something in the water that makes us Chicagoans so extra passionate about our city. Strange like this,after all it is the greatest city. :)

February 6, 2007 at 8:11 AM  
Blogger Circe said...

LOL! I guess I don't really know any Chicagoans, hence the lack of true passion in my cheering Sunday. Yes, I have cousins there, but I wouldn't know them if they walked right past me. Sad, I know...

February 6, 2007 at 9:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Actually, I really miss Seattle, and sometimes wonder why I ever left.

And it receives less rain that both New York City and Miami.

It's spread somewhat thinner.

-Wombat

PS: Seattleites know you as a tourist if you carry an umbrella. Am I right, TAB?

February 6, 2007 at 4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.