I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Monday, February 26, 2007

Mushaboom, mushaboom


My life feels like this song right now. I'm a girl riding a horse down an empty highway with my friends and family following me dancing.

I guess that's not a good analogy.

I have problems in my life.
Everyone does.
I'm not saying I'm carefree and without strife.
I don't have a dog.
I don't have kids.
I don't have a husband.
I have a cat.
I have a boyfriend.
I have friends.
I have a job.
In general, I'm very happy and I have little in life that depends on me.

I got a man to stick it out
And make a home from a rented house
And we'll collect the moments one by one
I guess that's how the future's done oh

*****************************
Last night Matt and I watched Jesus Camp.
He's one of the only people I'll watch a documentary with. One, because sometimes I really like them and I want to listen to them like Murderball, and two, sometimes I want to make fun of them and laugh at them like American Movie. With most people it seems to be one or the other, with Matt, he seems to be on the same wavelength with me on them....
ANYWAYS back to Jesus Camp...
One of the creepiest movies I've ever seen.
I'm telling everyone they should watch it.
I'm pretty sure the same methods in this movie were used to brainwash kids into becoming Hitler's youth.
In the very beginning, it popped up in text with So-and-so Pentecostal church...
I immediately said, "Oh geez, they are totally going to show little kids believing that they can talk in tongues and then they'll fall down shaking because the holy spirit has taken over them.

Matt cracked up for 5 minutes about how funny that was.
I didn't say anything.

10 minutes after he had stopped laughing and 15 minutes after I had made the statement, a little kid was shown talking in tongues and crying.
He grew still.
3 minutes after that, they showed another kid falling down shaking.

Matt turned to me wided-eyed... and I raised an eye brow.
He whistled slowly, and said, "Jesus Christ."
"Oh no... not you too." I said, with a smirk.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Accidental Bitch said...

Is this supposed to show the creepy factor, or the exciting happy side? Or could it be interpreted either way?

Scary.

February 26, 2007 at 9:05 PM  
Blogger Indiana said...

So you are psychic huh? Poor Matt, he is now in so much trouble...~lol~

February 26, 2007 at 9:43 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

TAB & Indy:I guess I should have mentioned that I knew someone who was a part of the pentecostal church and who frequently talked about people in her church that "found the holy spirit and fell down" and who could "speak in the language tongue of God"

That would have clarified things. :)

February 27, 2007 at 1:06 PM  
Blogger Wanderlusting said...

As a Christian I have seen this too. OK...I've heard of this. I'm not pentecostal (I'm kind of a non-categorized Christian). I believe it happens, as I believe a lot of things...but for the life of me I have no idea why it would only seem to happen to people in the penecostal church.

Maybe they know things we don't know. Now that is scary.

February 27, 2007 at 4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.