I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Sunday, February 25, 2007

Irish cop = don't talk much


Friday:
Get up at 7 am
Go to class at 8:30 am
Go to work at Noon.
Work till 5 pm.
At 5 I went and argued with my landlord.
Came back to my apartment.
Took a shower.
Started calling people to see what was going on tonight.
Matt calls me.
Asked me to come and have some drinks with him and his parents.

I was shocked when he called, and even more shocked when he told me why. I gave him only a slightly hard time. And agreed to meet him and his parents at a local Irish pub. When I got there I said hello to his mom, and shook his dad's hand. We sat down ordered drinks and talked about the music that was going to play that night.
You know what was odd?
They didn't ask any questions about me.
No, "So what do your parents do? Where are you from? What is your major? How long have you been here? WHAT is your favorite color?"
Nothing.
It was the oddest thing.
I expected the dad not to say much, dads never do, my dad doesn't, my friend's dad don't... I wasn't expecting much.
His mom didn't either.
And then I came to the realization that Matt... Mr. I don't talk about my personal life to anyone.... Had told them everything about me.
It was the only explanation.
Natural curiosity would have led them to ask even the simplest of questions.
My suspicions were only confirmed when his mom leaned over to me towards the end of the evening and said "So Matt tells me that your mom is a school teacher."

He even told them about my parents apparently.

I feel sort of dumb and irrational now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wanderlusting said...

Well, see this seems more like Matt.

February 25, 2007 at 1:32 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

You know, I really like your and TAB's object perspective on my life. It's very refreshing to know I'm not completely insane because an outsider agrees.

February 25, 2007 at 7:12 PM  
Blogger The Accidental Bitch said...

I totally called it... the whole you shouldn't worry thing. Just saying.

But that is really quite adorable. :)

February 26, 2007 at 9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.