I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Saturday, January 13, 2007
Where do I begin...

Last night, I let GH take me out for my birthday.
He and I are still friends, and since he's best friends with my brother and dating one of my friends now, I kind of felt like I wasn't doing anything wrong.
I wasn't.
He talked about the girl he was dating the whole time.

I came home. Called Matt.
He asked what I was doing for the evening and I said nothing.
He asked if I wanted to hang out with him later.
I said yes.

He told me he was going out with some of his co-workers and that as soon as they left he'd call me and tell me to come out, but if he hadn't called me by 9:30, to call him.
I said ok.
He told me that I didn't want to hang out with the co-workers because they were socially inept and the only reason he was going was because it was one of their birthdays.
I said ok.
At 10:30 I called him.
No answer.
I called him at 11.
No answer.
Finally I called ID and RHM and asked if they wanted to go out.
Both agreed.
We got to the bar, and it happened to be the same one that Matt was at.
He came over to say hi and he was wasted.
I told him I had tried to call him.
He looked at his phone and said, "Oh so sorry."
It was a lie.
He knew.

I should tell the audience, that while he went out for someone's birthday, this weekend is my birthday. Tomorrow night is the only night we can celebrate it because my actual birthday day is on Monday and I have an 8 hour meeting to attend during the entire day.
Which means Sunday (bars close at midnight on sunday in indiana) I can't go out because I have to get up at 7 am the following day.
Which means Saturday is the only night I can go out and relax and not have to worry about the time.

He started telling me about how his professors started buying him shots and how he kept taking them because he hopes he can get recommendations from them. Understandable.
He asked me to take him home.
I told him I would.

On the way home he kept telling me that I must hate him because he's wasted.
Finally getting upset even though I was trying to control it, I told him it wasn't his wastedness that made me upset.
It was two facts:
One, he had ignored my calls (something I asked him recently never to do to me) and instead of sending me a text message or going to the bathroom to call me and tell me that coming out wouldn't work out, he had chosen just to take the cowards way out.

And Two, because he was wasted now, he wouldn't want to go out for the rest of the weekend, like past times he's been wasted.

Being wasted wasn't the thing making me angry. I told him I'm glad he had a good time, but he was going to let me go because I was going back to the bars to have fun with my friends.
He said ok.

I had left my phone at home because it was just making me mad having it with me and not receiving calls from him. So this was it, i had said what I wanted too, and now I was leaving.

Was I being too much of a girl?

4 Comments:

Blogger Indiana said...

ok, bearing in mind this appraisal is based solely on the side of the story you have given us, so there may be some bias involved. ~grin~

He's your bf, it's your birthday weekend, he should be taking your drunk ass home not the other way.

And...

...a leopard really doesn't change his spots.

January 13, 2007 at 6:19 PM  
Blogger The Accidental Bitch said...

I'm with indiana! He's not changing his behavior (ignoring your calls) and he probably won't change it. Ew I hate that. It's like the "old" Matt. I disapprove.

And no, you weren't being too girly. I wouldn't have cared about the celebrating my birthday part, but I would have cared about the phone call ignoring.

January 13, 2007 at 8:33 PM  
Blogger sipwine said...

Indy & TAB: I understand where both of you are coming from. Honestly I do. And he dragged my drunk ass around the next night and didn't ignore me for a minute

January 14, 2007 at 5:52 PM  
Blogger Wanderlusting said...

All I say is that guys are guys...this often happens. Doesn't mean he doesn't care. Just means, well he was drunk and being inconsiderate.

BTW I can totally emphasize with the whole, "once he's drunk that's it for the whole weekend." Unfortunatley (or luckily) I'm not that much better.

January 15, 2007 at 11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.