I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Friday, January 5, 2007

Typical

Matt can be a "typical male" sometimes.
Since he is a male, and I (occasionally) can be the "typical female,"
I let it slide.

Last night neither one of us was typical.
I was at work until 5.
Matt calls me at 4:45 and wants to know if I'll come over for dinner.
I said I would, and he asked me to pick up milk on the way.

One: Typically, Matt wouldn't call me to ask me to dinner, even if he's making it, he'd make it on the chance that I might stop by.
Two: Asking me to pick up milk reminded me of my relationship with "EX" and how at some point I was basically living with him and doing grocery shopping and laundry with him.


I come over around 5ish with milk in hand. He kisses me hello.
Odd.
I sit down in the kitchen and I'm watching him cook.
Had it been with any other boyfriend, or any other kitchen, this wouldn't have seemed the least bit odd.
With him, it was all new.
All part of the "new Matt."
He told me he had to go to work after we ate.
After we ate, he made no move to go.
So I did, until he asked me why I was putting on my shoes.
Long story short, he said he'd rather spend time with me, than go into work.
Again. Odd.
I shrugged it off and when I got a phone call asking for me to come out, I said no.
He asked why.

I thought for a minute before answering, "...Because... honestly... I just want to spend time with you, because I've missed you for 2 weeks, and I've spent enough time with everyone else."
It was true enough, that statement has always been true when I'm hanging out out with him.
It had never been uttered before that night. Not that it was a bad statement, or easily offensive.
No, the reason it had never been said was because it showed vunerablility.
My vunerability.
Something I realized I hid just as well as he did.
And after saying what I did, I realized the only reason I felt comfortable enough to say "I missed you" was because he was comfortable enough to show me he missed me, even if he hadn't said it.
After saying what I did, I had turned my head to look at the TV, not that I was watching it, I just needed some place to stare while I thought about what had just happened.
His hand slide up the side of my face, and he turned my head to look at him.
He moved forward to me, and then licked the side of my face.
Laughing I said, "You ass."
Also laughing, he leaned over grabbed me because I was struggling to get away, and kissed me.

I'm glad some of the old Matt stayed put.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.