I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Friday, January 19, 2007

Sometimes words don't matter.

I have now spent Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at Matt's apartment.
Most of those nights, were not planned, believe it or not.
I'm getting tired of him, I can't imagine how he feels.

Last night in a conversation, he said something along the lines of:
"Well, I do think I should get one night to myself..."
I laughed and said, "I was about to say the same for me."

There was a pause when we both had to watch the Colbert Report with Bill O'Reilly.

Then, I found the words issuing from my mouth before I could stop them...
"Am I suffocating you?"

With a twinkle in his eye he said, "Of course, you have been for the last three months."
In a quick recovery, I said, "I thought so, I'll stop pressing my boobs to your face so hard, you should have told me you couldn't breathe."
After a hearty laugh from him, he said seriously, "No, you are not, I just want the one night to sit and be completely silent, between work and my friends and you, sometimes I just want to shut the hell up. It has nothing to do with you though."
I smiled, and told him I wasn't worried and that even if I hadn't completely admitted it to myself, I wanted the very same thing.
After that we went to bed, and before I left in the morning he rolled over in bed and asked what I was doing in the evening.
"Going to see Poncho Sanchez... you?" I said as I was putting on my shoes.
"What? You have tickets? Who are you going with?" He sat up saying.
"Yes, and no one... You know I work for the company that brings in all the shows to Purdue, and you know I get two free tickets to every show. Why is this surprising?" I said.
"I want to go." he says.
(I stopped everything I was doing, to turn and look at him)
"Please go out with your friends this evening. You are already doing a lot for me this weekend by coming down and meeting my parents, and you've already spent one week with me, I'm really afraid you are going to get tired of me."

He wasn't smiling, his mouth never changed, yet I could tell he had found what I said amusing.
"QSW, I will go out with my friends tonight, after the performance. And I'm not going to meet your parents for you, I'm going because I want to go. And are you tired of me? Because you bring it up more than I do."

I smiled and said, "I'm going to be late for class."
Kissed him, and walked out the door.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Accidental Bitch said...

It's easy to freak out after a week. I always need a little reassurance that I'm still wanted and not getting on their nerves.

January 19, 2007 at 11:29 PM  
Blogger sipwine said...

i think i'm the same way

January 22, 2007 at 7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.