I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Tuesday, January 16, 2007

My Mother

I love my mom.
She's my best friend as well as someone who gives excellent advice.

She had basically given up all hope that she would ever meet Matt.
While I haven't officially been dating him a year, he's been in my life at least that long.
And she has not once, made eye contact with him.

Next weekend she is throwing a party.
A costume party.
She thought it would be fun to invite my gay boyfriend and roommate, and as a last thought, decided to say my boyfriend too.
I told the three of them they were invited. All of them said they were interested.
My mom sent out the invitations and that was that.

I had given up on Matt too.
Even though I just met his mom, and he was opening up more, I still had no hope that he'd actually come through and come to my house.
I was utterly floored when I arrived at this apartment last night and he was going over costume ideas of what he and I could wear to the party.
The theme was famous couples and he was spouting off ideas right and left.
Joanie and Chachi?
Bennifer?
The couple from I Dream of Genie??

Part of me wanted to ask "Why?" or "What?" and the other half told me to shut the hell up and smile.

I went with the latter.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wanderlusting said...

You can't beat Peg and Al Bundy...and unlike me, you wouldn't need a red wig!

January 16, 2007 at 4:59 PM  
Blogger sipwine said...

haha, oh god, thats almost perfect... too bad Matt is way too italian looking... We might go with that!

January 16, 2007 at 7:40 PM  
Blogger The Accidental Bitch said...

You're a redhead, right? Jessica Rabbit!

January 16, 2007 at 8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.