I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Friday, January 12, 2007
"My boss was telling me where to go when I have to go for my post PhD."

It was the fourth or fifth time he had brought up getting out of Indiana.
I couldn't blame him, I wanted out too.
But he was leaving in December, and I was leaving in May.

After he was done talking, I was quiet. The first four or five times I had asked questions and was interested, but last night, I was just depressed by it.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

I told him that the conversation was depressing me. The only reason being that he would move away to MIT, or Harvard, or wherever and I'd be alone again. I apologized telling him that I was being selfish, and I was truely happy for him.

"Why would we break up?" he asked.

I gave him a look. He knew about "EX" and how we had broken up within a month after he moved to Seattle. But my heart wasn't in the look, and I just weakly said, "Long distance doesn't work."

He smiled.
"California and Boston sound like horrible places to live?" I laughed, he had succeeded in making me feel better, at least the idea of me coming with wasn't completely disgusting to him.
"No, they don't sound bad, you know I love Boston. But that's way too far away to think about me moving with you." I said.
"It's way too far away to think about, but you can get depressed by it?" he retorted.

"Touché"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.