I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Wednesday, January 10, 2007

High amounts of estrogen + alcohol = trouble.

Guys, you won't understand this unless you've had a girlfriend do this too you.

You are sitting, watching a movie, it can be the most unrealistic, sappy, love-making, bad dialogue scene in the entire movie, and you know what you'll do?

You'll cry.

Not because it's sad to you, but suddenly your birth control ridden body shoots high amounts of estrogen into your brain and the brains only reaction to this is to weep uncontrollably.

Scary huh?

Now, take that B.C.-ridden brain and add alcohol, and what do you get?
UNCONTROLLABLE EMOTION GIRL!!

Yes, she only thinks she can dodge bullets, and stop trains. It’s called “woman’s logic.”

So after that intro, you can only guess what I’m going to say next.

I, uncontrollable emotion girl, sent an e-mail to unsuspecting Matt.
It was full of bad logic, drunken slurs, and general female insecurities.
Matt was nice when he wrote back, making early morning-not drunk-low estrogen QSW feel even worse.

************************************************

Last night I apologized profusely to Matt for my moment of insecurity and non-understanding behavior. He was understanding, and after I told him I sometimes get like this with high amounts estrogen + alcohol, he was even more understanding.

His logic:

Pros: No babies and big breasts on girlfriend
Cons: Moments where he’ll have to roll his eyes and be understanding.

He chose the pros.

So after my apology he added that he really needs to explain his work more because I definitely didn’t understand what kind of work he had. He apologized for that. And some door of communication that hadn’t been there before flooded open and suddenly we rushed through months of stuff that should have already been said/done.

List:
Matt offered me a drawer to put my clothes in when I came over.
Matt wants to make dinner for me, MM, and MW on Saturday for my birthday (I normally ask that my birthday is not celebrated, but this was just too nice to pass up)
Matt said he’d like to meet my parents on the 20th.

I told Matt that I should give him more space to do work and whatnot, and would only come over unexpectedly if I knew for sure it was ok (aka, a phone call or text way beforehand).
I told Matt that I was one of the few girls who would accept the line “QSW, you are acting like there is a lot of estrogen running through your blood” and after he said it I would calm down and behave.
I told Matt that I would help pay for some of his electric bill because I am over there so often.

That happened all within 20 minutes.

9 Comments:

Blogger Wanderlusting said...

Oh, so THAT'S what's wrong with me. I just figured I was naturally an emotional wreck.

January 10, 2007 at 12:10 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Haha, well I'm glad I helped. It's nice to know I apparently am not the only one who has these "moments"

January 10, 2007 at 12:16 PM  
Blogger Indiana said...

I think the PROS said it all, not to mention that a week before said estrogen charged craziness you all usually become insatiable...so I sort of figure it all balances out.

Have you ever considered it might have something to do with red-hair?

January 10, 2007 at 4:04 PM  
Blogger Wanderlusting said...

Red-heads have the most sex, according to a German study. I don't know if a German sex study is the most reliable, but I think they are onto something.

January 10, 2007 at 5:11 PM  
Blogger Indiana said...

I will confess that red-heads have always been a bit like Kryptonite to me. ~grin~

January 10, 2007 at 6:40 PM  
Blogger sipwine said...

Indy: it has suddenly become apparent why you visit my blog ;)

Wanderer: I concur. ;)

January 10, 2007 at 7:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Look, Sipper, if you want cogent comments, enough with the big tits and the puckered ruby-red lips.

A bloke completely loses the thread of the convo with such distractions. Except Indy, who I know is pinching himself as he types.

Right, where were we?

That's right, tears and requests.

Hmmm/ Can we get back to the PROS?

-Wombat

January 10, 2007 at 8:52 PM  
Blogger The Accidental Bitch said...

See, crisis crazy woman logic does help out... just not til afterwards when both parties are laughing at it.

January 11, 2007 at 6:19 PM  
Blogger sipwine said...

Wombat: Got it no convos about big tits and puckered lips.... wait what were you talking about?

TAB: I guess if you look at it that way it did help out, but thats only if I hadn't become normal QWS again. If I hadn't we might be on the rocks.

January 12, 2007 at 9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.