I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Thursday, January 18, 2007

Cleaning out everything

When I met Matt and started dating him a year and a month ago, he used his bedroom as a storage closet, and slept in his living room.
Now a year and a month later, he still does.
The difference is, he's also asked me to bring over clothes for the nights I stay over which are (5 out of the 7 nights a week).

Where would I put them?

So, in a bold move on my part, I asked if I could organize his room so that I'd have space, and he wouldn't have to look for socks for 20 minutes every morning.
He agreed and didn't seem bothered in the slightest that I asked.
So one night when he was at work, I came over, cleaned the room up, and when he got home his only comment was that he felt guilty he hadn't done it sooner.

Now, what's left is me bringing over clothes.
And I find myself not doing it.
On top of that he's coming home with me this weekend to meet my parents.
And I find myself nervous as hell on a Thursday about it.
He's not coming down with me until Saturday.

Why is it, that I have no fears of helping him clean his apartment, bringing over a toothbrush and cleaning and organizing his bedroom, but when it comes to my end of the commitment, I get nervous.

I wonder if he's completely nervous too, but just doesn't show it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Indiana said...

Are you convinced he's changed and that the relationship is going where you want? Or is it just that it took so long to get to this point that it has built up to be this big thing when it shouldn't have been?

January 18, 2007 at 3:14 PM  
Blogger sipwine said...

A little of both if I wanna be honest.

For me, it's the fact that we went from zero to where we should have been in these last 2 months.
That's some quick moving.

January 18, 2007 at 3:29 PM  
Blogger The Accidental Bitch said...

his only comment was that he felt guilty he hadn't done it sooner?

Why didn't he thank you profusely for your hard work?

January 18, 2007 at 9:54 PM  
Blogger Wanderlusting said...

You're probably just on edge cuz it's all so soon...and yet feels like it should have happened a long time ago. There is no manual for getting back with an ex, I guess you're just being cautious and trying to remember that even though you were together before, you really are starting anew.

January 18, 2007 at 11:07 PM  
Blogger sipwine said...

TAB: He thanked me too, then offered to make me dinner, and then cuddled with me. Matt shows emotion through things, not with words, I've come to understand and love that.

Wanderer: I agree with that. I definitely think that, that is my biggest problem. I think we have a grip on things, its just too tight at the moment.

January 19, 2007 at 10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.