I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Monday, January 8, 2007
Better sex = Better public speaking?

Matt frequently has to present his research to different people.
Sometimes he stresses out about it, sometimes not.

About the fourth month into seeing him, he had to present to a committee his latest research, which he showed me:





I don't like playing the dumb female but after showing me this picture and not explaining it, I felt like the role had chosen me.

"Pretty honey?" was all the words I could muster.
I gave him a look that said, "What do you expect me to say if you don't explain what I'm looking at...?"
Laughing at my look, he said, "What? Ms. Smarty-pants doesn't know what she's looking at?"
I arched my eyebrow at him, and said, "You know me, I'm just the dumb red-head."
And on that note, I took off my shirt.

His eyes went from wide, to narrow, to the clock, and then back to me.
Two hours until his presentation.
"I'm asking you nicely to explain it to me." I said as I un-did my hair.
His mouth curved up in the right corner.
"Nicely huh? Well, then let me oblige you." (more clothes disappeared)"This is DNA before you, attached to Iron, I'm using this form of manipulation to try to make DNA magnetic." (more clothes disappeared) "Because, if doctors can find a way..." He trailed off because I had started working on his clothes.
30 minutes later, I got up to turn on his shower for him.
"You're the best.." he said.
I smiled, kissed him, put on my clothes, and told him good luck.
2 hours later he called me to tell me he thought it was one of the best presentations he's ever given.

Therefore, I think the article is true.

On a side note, it was later explained to me what the picture was, and he actually ran through his presentation for me so I'd know more about what he works on day in and day out. I didn't want you to think he left it at that, and I was still playing the part of dumb red-head 8 months later.

3 Comments:

Blogger Indiana said...

I think there is a universal law somewhere that says you are allowed to be a dumb red-head if you keep taking off your clothes, or was that the dream I had last night? I always get the two confused. ~grin~

January 8, 2007 at 3:19 PM  
Blogger knobby said...

Oh, but it's true. Always works for me. Maybe it's something to do with being relaxed or the expending of testosterone. Whatever, it just works.

But only 30 mins?!

January 10, 2007 at 8:41 AM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

Indy: I'm glad to know of that law. I had a general idea that something like that was in place, but I wasn't for sure. ;)

Knobby: 30 minutes was because we had to be quick about it, he still had to take a shower, iron his shirt and grab all his presentation stuff. Don't worry, I'm very happy in that department. ;)

January 10, 2007 at 12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.