I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Wednesday, December 13, 2006

A toothbrush is like an engagement ring for those who don't want marriage.

This past weekend and early into this week I've done 4 things:
Eat
Sleep (sort of)
Study
See Matt

Sunday night I was fed up with studying, so I decided to go over to Matt's place to see what he was up too.
He was surprised to see me, and asked what I was up too.
I told him how fed up I was.
He said, "You know what will make you feel better? Grocery shopping."
At this I laughed.
Matt has been without a fridge for 3 weeks (it was only fixed on Saturday morning) and without a car for much, much longer.
I told him I'd take him grocery shopping.
It was nice to be with him again, and it was even nicer that he was so willing to be with me.
As our journey progressed through the aisles, we came to the aisle of tampons, pregancy tests, toothbrushs, and condoms (toothbrushes don't seem like they belong really...).
"We don't need anything down this aisle" I said.
"We need to get you a toothbrush..." he said.
"What are you saying? I have bad teeth?" I said with a wink.
"No, I'm saying that you'll need one for my apartment." he retorted.

I stopped cold.
Did I just hear that right?
He stared at me with amusment.

"Are you going to freak out on me?" He asked really amused.
"No." Was all I said.

We got a toothbrush.
I went back to his apartment, and he placed it in the cup by his toothbrush.
He kissed me on both cheeks, and asked if I was hungry.
(I had a bad night in my first ever fight with my friend ID, so I had pretty much forgotten to eat...)
I told him I was, and he said, "How about I make you breakfast?"
It was 11:30 at night.
And I suddenly remembered all the nights we spent eating breakfast together at midnight, whether he made it, I made it, or we haunted some establishment like Denny's.

I smiled, kissed him, and told him how wonderful that sounded.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sipwine said...

I hate beta blogger

December 13, 2006 at 11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.