I work at a bar.
I live with someone.
I have friends.
I love reading.
That sums me up.
.
Saturday, December 23, 2006

Ho ho ho for sho

Text message from GH:
"So this girl was completely eye fucking me, and I noticed her eyes were the same shape as your cat Olivia."

There are no words to describe the feeling I got when I read this text message.

At least Matt (who was known as SO at the time) had the decency to ask "How are you?" before getting into the insults/booty call.

I really didn't know what to say, but I definitely snorted when I read it.
And I don't snort.

Later in the evening time, after I thought I wouldn't laugh at it anymore, I called him.
Asked him how he was?... how was home?... how was the family?... what the fuck kind of text message was that?
He and I share a LOT of the same friends. So we declared upon break-up that we'd remain at least civil with each other.
So far so good, I've hung out with him on a number of occasions, and he's hung out with my brother and roommate without me.

He still doesn't know about Matt.
I didn't have the heart to tell him.

Back to the text message.
So when I asked (much more politely than above) about it, he said, "Oh that girl reminded me so much of Olivia."
Pause
"Anything else?" I inquired.
"Nope." he said.
"Well that text message reminded me so much of this guy I saw as I was leaving town. I was at the movie store, (and I was in those long boots that hit my knees, remember those?)and I dropped my card, you see, and so as I was bending over to retrieve it I glanced behind me and totally saw the guy checking me out behind the counter." I told the story...
Pause
"Ok ok, I get it." he said.
I smiled and changed the subject.

I thought, if he can't handle hearing about me moving on (cause I have tried to tell him) then it's not fair that he tells me about moving on for him.

6 Comments:

Blogger Indiana said...

I'll have a photo of that for Christmas please Santa ~grin~

December 23, 2006 at 8:35 PM  
Blogger Sipwine said...

hmm... maybe if you are a good boy? ;)

December 23, 2006 at 9:24 PM  
Blogger Indiana said...

Well in truth I am very good ~grin~ but based on what Santa has promised me I must have been bad. ~winK~

December 24, 2006 at 12:21 AM  
Blogger The Accidental Bitch said...

lol! Nice. At least he got it pretty quickly, otherwise he might've just thought you were being cruel.

December 24, 2006 at 12:09 PM  
Blogger The Accidental Bitch said...

Oh and Happy Christmas to you too! :)

December 24, 2006 at 12:09 PM  
Blogger sipwine said...

He didn't think I was cruel, he called me later to laugh more at it.
But yes, that could have gone very badly :)

December 25, 2006 at 9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.